Snarky Brides
Options

AW - Pets edition

AngusaurAngusaur member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
edited July 2013 in Snarky Brides
Forgive me if there's a similar post anywhere! I love seeing people's fur-babies. I've included a few of my own and as an added bonus, my son is in a few. I like to AW my adorable offspring too.

Edited to fix huge pictures.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AW - Pets edition

• Options
    Aaaawww!!! I wish I still had a fur-baby living at home with me. :'(
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oooh I love these!!! Here's my girlie - Edna. 

ETA: HOLY huge pictures! Sorry!!!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Aw, cute! I love fur babies! Can I play, too?? This is Piglet, my hedgehog and Otis my dog.

• Options
    AMS482AMS482 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
  • Options
    obxbride14obxbride14 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    This is my Eleanor in her Christmas cape:

• Options
    Ohh we are doing fur babies now?!!  Dresses and fur babies, this can't get any better until we start posting pictures of cake.
    Ok, mine are Thor (orange cat), Loki (black cat and brother to Thor), Odin (fluffy puppy as we call him).

Thor is currently supervising the uploading of these photos.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hordolhordol member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    astimmel said:

Aw, cute! I love fur babies! Can I play, too?? This is Piglet, my hedgehog and Otis my dog.

I need to know more about this hedgehog!!!! I have not heard of them being pets before! How personable are they? How much maintenance? Do they have fun personalities? Where do you get them?

Anyway you guys can see my baby girl Ruby in my sig! I also have a yellow lab named Crosbey, but I'm on my phone and don't know how to post a pic from here.

PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    hordol said:

I need to know more about this hedgehog!!!! I have not heard of them being pets before! How personable are they? How much maintenance? Do they have fun personalities? Where do you get them? Anyway you guys can see my baby girl Ruby in my sig! I also have a yellow lab named Crosbey, but I'm on my phone and don't know how to post a pic from here.
    I want to know more, too. I had one for like a year when I was a teenager and the thing hated me. HATED me. The only time I ever held him when he wasn't balled up and making boat motor sounds was when I bought him. I bought the tiny hedgehog-wearing-backpack dealie so he could get used to my smell and hang out with me and he hated that. I'd sit there and hold him when he was pissed for hours to see if he'd ever calm down and he didn't. I never figured out what I was doing wrong. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    hordol said:

I need to know more about this hedgehog!!!! I have not heard of them being pets before! How personable are they? How much maintenance? Do they have fun personalities? Where do you get them? Anyway you guys can see my baby girl Ruby in my sig! I also have a yellow lab named Crosbey, but I'm on my phone and don't know how to post a pic from here.
    I want to know more, too. I had one for like a year when I was a teenager and the thing hated me. HATED me. The only time I ever held him when he wasn't balled up and making boat motor sounds was when I bought him. I bought the tiny hedgehog-wearing-backpack dealie so he could get used to my smell and hang out with me and he hated that. I'd sit there and hold him when he was pissed for hours to see if he'd ever calm down and he didn't. I never figured out what I was doing wrong. 
    Their temperament can vary, but good breeders will breed for that. Piggy is a huge cuddlebug. He knows my voice, comes out to say hi, and curls up in my lap to nap. And most importantly, he lets me put little hats on him. :)  They're "exotic" and not legal in every state, and you definitely want to get one from a breeder. The ones at pet stores are like puppy mills.

They are fairly high maintenance and it breaks my heart because they're getting really popular so everyone's getting one without doing research and they're mistreated.Even a lot of vets are misinformed about them. If you wanna look into them, go to hedgehogcentral.com. Definitely the best resource.

And just because I like you guys so much, here's a picture of him sleeping. :)
  • Options
    astimmel said:
    hordol said:

Their temperament can vary, but good breeders will breed for that. Piggy is a huge cuddlebug. He knows my voice, comes out to say hi, and curls up in my lap to nap. And most importantly, he lets me put little hats on him. :)  They're "exotic" and not legal in every state, and you definitely want to get one from a breeder. The ones at pet stores are like puppy mills.

They are fairly high maintenance and it breaks my heart because they're getting really popular so everyone's getting one without doing research and they're mistreated.Even a lot of vets are misinformed about them. If you wanna look into them, go to hedgehogcentral.com. Definitely the best resource.

I got mine from a breeder and I feel like I did enough research - I was probably doing something wrong. I ended up giving him away to someone who had all sorts of exotic animals and really cared about them. I felt terrible for him and I really hope he opened up to his new family. :(
  • Options
    astimmel said:
    hordol said:

I got mine from a breeder and I feel like I did enough research - I was probably doing something wrong. I ended up giving him away to someone who had all sorts of exotic animals and really cared about them. I felt terrible for him and I really hope he opened up to his new family. :(
    You probably didn't do anything wrong. He keeps me on my toes and I've decided that they exist for the sole purpose of making us appreciate our own parents more.
  • Options
    swimmy1988swimmy1988 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    This is my German Shepherd mix Gibbs!! We only took him in 3 weeks ago.
    imageimage

And this is our cat Minou. She mostly keeps to herself, but a major snuggler as well. Keeps letting Gibbs know his place too

Kitty facepalm lol
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    I knew a Minou when I was younger - how wonderful to see another cat of that name!
  • Options
    Sorry I posted and bailed - but oh my goodness all of these pictures are entirely too cute.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I could figure out to how to post pics without them being HUGE, then I'd put some of my cats up!  Until then, <-------- my avatar.  That's my cat Samantha, who's now 16.  I took that pic when she was 10.  If I can figure out this picture business, I'll totally AW some more cats!
  • Options
    Diablo and Binx:

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    @AddieL73 is Binx the black one? And did you name it after Hocus Pocus by any chance?
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    Yes, Binx is the black one, and yes, he is named after Hocus Pocus, but we didn't name him. I'm actually not a fan of naming pets in such an obvious way (Salem, Binx, etc). He belonged to a friend of ours who recently had a baby (he was wanting to get in the crib with the baby) and also has an elderly dog and has to travel a lot.   It was all too much for her, so we took him so he could still be "in the family" so to speak, and she can still see him regularly. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    @xcalygrl your dogs are adorable and I want to hug them.

@AddieL73 I love how your cats are black and white and curled up on the chair. They look like a yin yang.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They are such a good pair together. Diablo has no claws and is the mean one. Binx has claws and is the nice one. Hahahaha!
  • Options
    Here are my fur babies. I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Quigley. He's 1.5 years old. I also have a cat named Buddy who I've had for five years (the vet guessed he was one or two years old when he adopted me). Buddy just got his first lion cut and he loves it. Quigley loves chasing his fluff ball tail around.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    I forgot to say, my dog's name is Zoey. She's a Chiweenie! And she loves to be dressed up. She is constantly cold, and likes to bury herself under pillows and blankets. I always sleep on my side, and her sleep spot is right behind my bent knees. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Angusaur said:
    I forgot to say, my dog's name is Zoey. She's a Chiweenie! And she loves to be dressed up. She is constantly cold, and likes to bury herself under pillows and blankets. I always sleep on my side, and her sleep spot is right behind my bent knees. 
    My dog loves to sleep right between my BF on his back, it's so cute but uncomfortable. He also likes to sleep under blankets but ONLY the blankets on my couch, so weird.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    astimmel said:
    hordol said:

Not necessarily.  Some hedges are just grumpy.  It's their personality.  Some will always want to cuddle, some want to explore and others just want to be left alone.  

Here are some of Winston, though you can also see him in my avatar too.  

• Options
    Stupid Knot.  Anyway, here's the photos

• Options
    Stupid Knot.  Anyway, here's the photos
    Winston sounds/looks familiar... Are you on HHC by any chance?
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013

Here is my furbaby Gracie.  She is the best dog ever, but I am a bit biased :)

(and please ignore the Instagram quality pics...I am slightly obsessed at the moment)

Cuddling with H:

Fun times at the stream:

Nap time:

• Options
    cmiles89cmiles89 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2013
    YAY FURBABIES! This is my favorite thing...

Nikolai, my siberian husky at 3.5 months or so. Just about the cutest damn thing ever.

Now he's 35 lbs and a complete terror. I should also mention that I love him more than my mother and only a titch less than I love my SO ^^

Oh, and the turts. Two musk turtle hatchlings. Very adorable, totally uncuddlable. So, not my favorite =) But I still like them. Problem is, we can't tell them apart so we haven't named them yet...

EDIT: I have no idea what I'm doing, had to fix the pics.
  • Options

I LOVE seeing fur babies!! Here are mine! Elizabeth and Lincoln!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards