Honeymoon Discussions
Options

AI Riviera Maya Honeymoon recommendations

Ok so we get married June 2014 and are planning a 7-10 day honeymoon to an all inclusive (preferably adults only) resort in the riviera maya area. Budget around $3-5000 including air. We aren't interested in the loud party scene as can be found in Cancun area. We prefer romance, relaxing, beautiful scenery. I would love to have a gorgeous beach with clear water. Never been to this area so I would appreciate any recommendations on where you guys have been and if there's a resort that meets most of these wants. Thanks!!!

Re: AI Riviera Maya Honeymoon recommendations

• Options

Check out this post, which can be found if you scroll down a little further on the page

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/979192/riviera-maya-honeymoon

• Options
    I loved our honeymoon at the Valentin Imperial Maya! It's outside of Cancun so less party atmosphere. Huge grounds, lots of trees and grass. It's fantastic! I have a review on my Married Bio.
  • Options
    I'm going to 100 percent back op on the Valentin imperial maya. We went two years ago and fell in love. We're going back for our honeymoon in October. 9 days for $3200 through Expedia
  • Options
    According to our travel agent, his top recommendations for Riviera Maya are Secrets Maroma and Excellence Riviera Cancun. We keep going back and forth between the two! They are both gorgeous, have great reviews and are a mix of romance/relaxation and then some opportunities to interact with other guests and enjoy activities. Maroma is apparently one of the top 50 beaches in the world so if that is high on your list, I would check it out. there are other AI resorts on Maroma, too.
  • Options

We went to Maroma for BFF's wedding and hands down cant be beat.  The place was just too amazing to try and describe.  You may see alittle bit more of a price tag, but the service can't be matched.  They went out of there way for everything, even let my friend bartend the lobby bar in her wedding dress.  Moroma also had a little more nature feel to it then I ever felt at the Cancun resorts.  Bartenders would give us food to take into the ocean and fish would gather around, and there were Coati, like a racoon type animal, that would come for food.  They were great to watch and play with (they just asked that we didn't feed them around the service areas)

Looking at Maroma, I didn't see a true valvue to upgrade to the Preferred Club, those who did have it didn't use the benefits.  We spent the extra money instead and used it on a swim-out suite which was perfect as the pools close about 5.  They do book some large conventions, and the crowds could get alittle rowdy, it might be good to have your travel agent ask if there are large groups over your date.

• Options
    We're going to El Dorado Royale and staying in the Casitas. FI's parents have a timeshare and go at least 2x a yr. I've never heard them say anything bad. The pictures are always so beautiful and everyone we've talked to says the food is great.
    They have tons of activities if youre into that as well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We're doing El Dorado Casitas for 9 days for $5900. But they have many options under that price. 
  • Options

Secrets Maroma Beach and Iberostar Grand Paraiso would both be places that match your wants.

We HMed at SMB and could not have been happier with our trip.  My brother was married at IGP and it was stunning. I think Iberostar is more expensive; but it is a bigger resort (there are several hotels on the resort grounds. The grand is the most luxury but you get access to all of the "lower" scale hotels).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards