August 2013 Weddings

Marriage License!!

We finally got our marriage license this morning! It makes it much more real now and I can't wait to say I do!!

One less thing to do and one more thing to check off the check list!! Yeah
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Marriage License!!

• Yay! FI & I applied for our marriage license on our 5 year dating anniversary (Monday) It was romantic in a weird way :) 

1 less thing on my to do list!!! WWOOOOO  
  • We applied on our one year dating anniversary <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aww you two had good memorable days to do yours, we did ours because we were simply running out of time and today was a day my fiancé wasn't too busy this morning at work! But he does want to keep the reciept as a souvenir hehe..
  • Yay! FI & I applied for our marriage license on our 5 year dating anniversary (Monday) It was romantic in a weird way :) 

1 less thing on my to do list!!! WWOOOOO  
    Oh man we could have done that too! Awesome idea! We will probably go next week. I have a random paranoia about hurricane cancellations (I'm 8/16 so it really is unlikely) and want a buffer of time after our date where the license would still work. I realize how crazy that sounds as I type it...
  • Well they are good for 6 months so you have some room
  • Huh that must vary by state-ours are for six weeks.
  • Here in MD, you have to wait 48hrs after you get it (which took 5 mins) before you can marry and its valid for 6 months. Thats interesting @Xstatic3333, I just assumed every state was the same. That's what I get for assuming.
  • In Wisconsin, it is only valid for 30 days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Pa, you have 60 days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In NJ, you have to wait three days before you can pick it up and it's only valid for 30 days.  FI and I live in MA, so we applied for it while we were in NJ last month. A lot of people were telling us it was too soon and it would expire before our wedding date. I was paranoid, so I called a bunch of times to confirm that you have 30 days from the day you pick it up to use it, so we'll pick it up when we're back in town a few days before the wedding. 

Every state is different and sometimes the laws vary slightly by county, so I suggest to everyone they call first!
  • We walked in to the circuit court yesterday, filled out a paper with our names and address, then went back,gave our ss # ,swore to the information we provided, paid $55, and had our marriage license in hand in about 5 mins max.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards