Hi! I am married, too! I’ve been meaning to stop in here and catch up with you ladies – congrats to the July 12-14 brides!!!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Okay, here is my obligatory post and some free advice for those of you still on deck J
1. What they say is true: the day is a TOTAL blur!! It goes by SO FAST I can barely remember any of it. The day of getting ready draggggggged on and then once the ceremony hit, it was like things just went one after another, so fast, and I was on a roller coaster until the end (which came SO quickly). I don’t know how I could have done it differently, but seriously try to take a moment every so often to regroup, refocus and think about your day and the events.
2. I have one HUGE regret which is that I didn’t get to personally thank and chat with everyone in attendance L It feels SO rude looking back. I had every intention too, but by the time I got into the reception, it was time for the dances/speeches/cake and then it was over. I have been spending most of the past two days trying to reach out to those people I missed and I still feel terrible L Please try to say hi to everyone and push back against family or whoever might try to pull you around all night.
3. Don’t drink too much – I’m glad I didn’t and honestly I could have done without at all. I took two shots with the girls before the ceremony and just that much made me more giggly than I meant to be. I was so hyped up all night from the whirlwind that I didn’t need to drink!
4. The photos take a long time, it’s true. It was nearly 2 hours into the reception before husband and I finally got to go in.
5. EAT. Our wedding party didn’t get to (because of pictures) and husband and I basically inhaled a small plate of apps in the bridal suite before being announced.
6. Things go wrong – try to let it go. My French bustle ripped my dress, people stepped all over my dress, the venue ran out of food, I barely saw my husband, the photo booth was stuck outside because the venue didn’t make space for it, etc. These things suck and are frustrating in the moment but a week into marriage I couldn’t care less.
I hope it doesn’t sound like it isn’t magical – because it is. It’s just SO much planning and envisioning for a day that flies by and doesn’t go according to plan, or last very long!
And of course, here are the pics J