February 2014 Weddings
Options

Small weddings

Is anyone having an extremely small wedding?  It has now dropped down to FI, me and my parents.  My sister has decided not to come, kind of a drag but she has mommy duties now and I completely understand. 

Also any other DW on here for February?

Re: Small weddings

• Options
    My wedding is not quite that small. We are having my family (5 people) my aunt, fiancee's parents and his sister and husband. So 10 people besides us and the officiant. We might have 4 others if my aunt, uncle and cousins came but I doubt it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

fre3doms said:
    My wedding is not quite that small. We are having my family (5 people) my aunt, fiancee's parents and his sister and husband. So 10 people besides us and the officiant. We might have 4 others if my aunt, uncle and cousins came but I doubt it.

Are you finding yoursel wanting bigger or happy with it being small?  I keep finding myself wanting to invite everyone, then stepping back and reminding myself that I am going away for a reason. To keep it small.

• Options
    I'm pretty happy with it being small. My fiance does not have very many friends and I have a small number of close ones as well. When I was coming up with a potential guest list I felt like the majority were people my parents wanted instead of me/us. So my fiance and I decided to keep it just family. We are also both introverts and when I was in two weddings last year I decided I did not want that stress for my own.

We are compromising by having my parents host a party sometime in March. It will be a dessert party in honor of our wedding. We might have dancing and I will be wearing my dress again. There might be a small cake--our potential venue mentioned they might throw one in.

I feel like the small wedding is the best answer for both of us. Gives us more money for the honeymoon and our future together. I also like the idea of a lack of drama. In the end we will have our nearest and dearest there when we exchange vows which is what matters.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't have minded a small wedding, but I have a huge family, and darn it if they aren't all awesome!  So much as I would have loved something more intimate, my wedding looks like it will be at least 110 people.  I would have liked half that, but I think I would have upset many of my relatives, and I really didn't want that. 
    I hear you on the lack of drama, @fre3doms.  But even if I kept it to immediate family, there would be drama - sibling issues with two of my siblings.  I love my brothers and sister but I wish they would just stop acting that kids and get along. 

• Options
    Well I have one brother who wanted us to elope---thought that meant he didn't need to buy a present. My other brother is autistic. My sister I think would rather we had a bigger wedding but since I'm letting her plan me a bachelorette party she's okay with our choice. And my fiance's sister is already married with 3 kids so I don't think she really cares.

110 is still a nice number. If we hadn't made the choice for a really small wedding I would have fought for no more than like 100 or 125 actually invited. And since we're getting married Valentine's/President's Day weekend probably would have had a decent amount of declines.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards