Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

**New_to_PGH**

I got my eyebrows done last night!  It was $14.  The girl did a good job, though they're smaller than I've ever had them!  I think it might go well with my facial features though.
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: **New_to_PGH**

• Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh good! I decided this morning that I simply MUST go tonight - can't stand the stray hairs anymore!  I figure as long as I don't end up with the pittsburhg "tadpole" brows (you know what shape I mean :P), then there's not much they can do to screw them up
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When you say smallest, do you mean skinniest or did they "shorten" the overall length? "cuz I've been thinking my bows shouldn't be so long, but I'm afraid to start plucking the tail of them myself
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

*butting in*

Tadpole brow made me LOL!

*butting out*

image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    butting in:

Dicer where did you go?  I'd rather be threaded and $14 is cheaper than where I go for wax!

butting out
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll answer for her - Miracle Eyebrows in the mall at Robinson. There's also a location at Ross Park, where I'll be hitting up tongiht (by the Mrs Fields)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I'm scattered today.  I guess I mean thin, from top to bottom.  I usually have a fuller brow because I'm lazy.  They're all neat and trim with straight lines. 

The girl at Robinson was definitely Indian, which made me feel better because I believe threading is an Indian thing. 

I should have taken before and after shots!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm too embarrased by my shaggy brows to take a before shot, but I'll try to take one afterwards :)
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    /butting in

I've never plucked, waxed, threaded, even touched my eyebrows before.  For my wedding, Clare had to darken them up so they would show up in pictures.

What does threading feel like?

/butting out

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenn, it's like plucking, just more hairs at a time (and the thread makes a cool "riiiiip" sound as it goes across your brow, lol).
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, I'm glad you went and liked it!  That's a great price too :)

Jenn, "tadpole brows" is the perfect description of that phenomenon, LOL!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Now I'm paranoid that I have tadpole eyebrows Undecided  Jenn you've seen me IRL, can you confirm or deny this and give me advice if my eyebrows need it lol.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jaime, your brows have never screamed "Tadpole" at me, lol.

But they are somehow rampant in Pittsburgh -I've never seen so many of them anywhere else! 

Just in case anyone is in doubt, this is what I'm referring to:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am undecided on mine lol...they don't look like they're "swimming" downward, but they are thicker near the bridge of my nose.  I just went with whatever the beautician did a long time ago.  It's good to know they don't scream it though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards