October 2013 Weddings

Gifts for your younger attendants

So I am struggling with the gifts that my FSIL suggested for her children.  The oldest is easy as she is 13 and a jr. bridesmaid, locket.  The other two, boys 6 and 11, she suggested tie-clips with their initials.  I know her thought process is that this will be a keepsake memento from the wedding, and for the rest of their lives, but I want them to like their gifts.  Do any of you ladies have some other suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
image 68 Yes
image 16 No
image 0 Unknown

Re: Gifts for your younger attendants

• Get that if you want, but I would get something they would like too. Video game? Lego set?
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Dump truck. Stereotypical/not gender neutral, etc, all of the above are true, but. I'm pretty sure I've never met a 6 yr old boy who doesn't like a good dump truck. The 11 yr old, I vote Lego set.
  • @lplions I got my niece a fire truck for her 1st birthday and it's one of her favorite toys! (re: going against gender stereotyping) :-)
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• @lplions I got my niece a fire truck for her 1st birthday and it's one of her favorite toys! (re: going against gender stereotyping) :-)
    True that. I LOVE dump trucks. And fire trucks. And cranes. Hmm. Guess now I know why I'm in construction..... haha!
  • I think I'm doing a combination of memento/what they want:

And then will give each a gift card to Toys R Us as well for them to pick out their own gifts.  Part memento, part toy!

(Also - I always thought it was "momento" but the spelling thing said it's wrong - memento - Had no idea!)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• True that. I LOVE dump trucks. And fire trucks. And cranes. Hmm. Guess now I know why I'm in construction..... haha!
    I'm in construction as well!!!  My Barbie dolls were always being blown up by my neighbors GI Joes.  LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • @SewInLove ~ Gift card!  Great idea.  That can along with the tie clips!  Thank you sooo much!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • I haven't decided what to get our RB/FG. I was thinking some sort of girly stuff basket for the FG who is an extremely girly girl. I have almost no ideas for our RB, but he loves tractors and dirt and all that guy stuff so I might get him something along those lines. Either that or books, because he's starting the first grade in the fall.
    Books! Books are always a good idea. We just threw a "virtual" baby shower for a friend and sent her a few presents. She has an adopted daughter who will be 5 when the baby is born. I sent her some Dora the Explorer & Winnie the Pooh activity/short story/sticker books for the big sister. 
  • I have been wondering this same thing lately along with gifts for my FMIL and FFIL.  I think I might get my nieces some jewelry since they are obsessed with this and one of them just got their ears pierced.  It is all she talks about!  My nephew is 6 as well and has a Nintendo DS so I was thinking about getting him a game for that and it will keep him occupied the day of so he doesn't get too bored.

I might make all 3 of them baskets or bags with activities for them to do that day while everyone is getting ready.  Kids have a very short attention span and I don't want my sister to have to stress out while she is getting her hair and makeup done worrying about what her kids are getting into or who is fighting with who.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • Nicole0613Nicole0613 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2013
    We have 4 RB's, but no FG's. The 2 older RB's are 6 year old twins. They love the Aquarium, so I am getting them each a gift card to the local Aquarium and either a book or something else to go with that. The other two RB's are my FI nephews, aged 2 and 3 1/2. I may do something a long the same lines, but they live out of the area, so need to research where they live. Good Luck!
  • Oy.  Forgot about the tykes!  My FG will have just turned 2, and my RB turns 4 in 2 weeks.

Toys.  Yeah, they're getting toys.  FG will get something Disney Princess-y and RB will get Thomas the Tank stuff.

I should also get FG's big brother something so as to avoid hissy fits and tantrums.  Geez.
  • schellzinatorschellzinator member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    Our flower girl (age 4 at the time of the wedding) will be getting this cute little customized Disney book where she is essentially helping some of the Disney princesses with their wedding. She loves princesses to the point that my sister signed her up for "Princess Camp" this summer.  Pretty much a camp where little girls dress up in Princess gear and run around the YMCA and also do a little dance in there. And I'll get something else little...

My two little guys (age 3) - I haven' quite decided - but it will definitely be truck related. 

I also am going to give them activity packs for the day of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about a teddy bear from build a bear
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @sgreen ~ That is a cute idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards