Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

When to send a thank you?

I have received cheques from a few family members as wedding gifts.  We are currently just under 3 weeks out from the wedding.  I understand that I should not cash the cheques until after the wedding, but I'm wondering about the timing of sending than you notes.  I would prefer to tell the gift giver what was bought with their money, but as I do not know what others will buy off of the registry, I don't want to tell, say, Uncle Bob that we intend to buy a coffee maker when it turned out that Uncle George got one off the the registry.

Do I send a note now and thank them for the money, but not mention what was bought, or send the note after the wedding and tell them what was bought?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When to send a thank you?

• Options
    My vote is for sending it now. I sent thank yous as the gifts came in.
  • Options
    Cash the check now. Send the thank you note now. Do not spend it until after the wedding.
  • Options
    I'm not sure you have to be that specific as to how it was spent. Honestly, we have most of what we need for our house, so we put all the money in savings. I said something like it will go a long way toward our new life and home together. 
  • Options
    Cash the check now. Send the thank you note now. Do not spend it until after the wedding.
    This. Don't keep the check and cash it after the wedding. That is considered rude. Cash it now. But don't use it until after the wedding.
  • Options
    This. I wouldn't want my check not to clear for 3+ weeks. 
  • Options
    We sent thank yous as they came in. I wrote we were putting the money towards our new home fund, which was true. You'll be thankful post honeymoon you got some out of the way before the wedding.
  • Options
    Cash the checks and send the thank-you notes now.  But don't spend the money until after the wedding.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Cash checks immediately--it has an impact on people's bank accounts. And always send a thank-you note after you get a gift; don't wait till after the wedding.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards