Chit Chat
Options

Who's used Trader Joes flowers?

In a pickle here... I got a call from my florist this morning saying all my choices for flowers are unavailable. They have two locations for growing flowers and she was informed by their other location that the blooms just aren't producing like they should and the specific dahlias & ranunculus are no-gos. I've already changed my order twice and honestly, I've lost most of my faith in them.

I stopped by Trader Joes during my lunch break and they have pretty & inexpensive flowers I can use for centerpieces & bouquets but I'm unfamiliar with how long they'll last. Does anyone here pick up flowers from them often? If so, give me the scoop! I'm getting married on Saturday, heading up to the location on Thursday. If they'll last a while, I can pick them up Thursday evening or Friday morning--Saturday morning is a possibility but I'd rather not cut it that close.

What other things should I be thinking of here, and does anyone have any other last minute flower suggestions?

Re: Who's used Trader Joes flowers?

• Options
    Wheels987 said:
    In a pickle here... I got a call from my florist this morning saying all my choices for flowers are unavailable. They have two locations for growing flowers and she was informed by their other location that the blooms just aren't producing like they should and the specific dahlias & ranunculus are no-gos. I've already changed my order twice and honestly, I've lost most of my faith in them.

I stopped by Trader Joes during my lunch break and they have pretty & inexpensive flowers I can use for centerpieces & bouquets but I'm unfamiliar with how long they'll last. Does anyone here pick up flowers from them often? If so, give me the scoop! I'm getting married on Saturday, heading up to the location on Thursday. If they'll last a while, I can pick them up Thursday evening or Friday morning--Saturday morning is a possibility but I'd rather not cut it that close.

What other things should I be thinking of here, and does anyone have any other last minute flower suggestions?

I get flowers from them from time to time. They aren't the freshest, but they aren't horrible.   If you get them on Thursday, they will still be alive on Saturday, but they likely won't look "perky".   They usually last 3-5 days for me.
  • Options
    Costco! They have great flowers, and great prices on them!

Walmart isn't too bad, as long as you go during the week (At least out here).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! There's actually a costco pretty close to the TJs I was looking at, so as long as I take up a friend's offer of tagging along (she has a membership), I can hit up both. The location is outside and gorgeous, so I don't need a ton, but some blooms would be nice!
  • Options

I second the costco recommendation.

• Options
    I would try costco.   I remember last fall when I was planning seeing some really great ready to go centerpieces.
  • Options
    I work with someone who recently used Costco flowers for a baby shower and she raved about them. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    On my local board whole foods gets a lot of recommendations for fresh and cheap flowers - something else to consider if you have one near you.
  • Options
    Costco also has packages that are specifically for wedding flowers (kits to put together your own bouquets, corsages, and centerpieces) that you can order in advance. Also, if you're close to the location, check out some farmers markets in the area that will be open those days. I recently bought a huge bouquet of hydrangea blooms for $3 that lasted 8 days.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Costco is awesome. Do you have a farmer's market? Also I was at Fred Meyer's last night and they had a decent floral dept too.
  • Options
    Solved!

FI did some major research/digging/calling around and found a wholesale provider with the flowers I want for a great price. Thanks for the advice ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards