New Jersey
Options

Best Wedding Food in NJ or NY

Hey Ladies, starting to plan the wedding now - the food is one of the most important things to me. can you guys please give me advice on what venues have the best food in the tristate area? cost doesnt matter at the moment just want to know places based on food. thanks

Re: Best Wedding Food in NJ or NY

• Options
    I'm probably biased, but I thought my wedding had amazing food. It was at the W in Hoboken. I also really liked the food at Ashford Estate.
  • Options
    The places where I have really, really enjoyed the food are The Grove, Seasons and Park Savoy. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    The Brownstone.  Seasons.  The Venetian.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Primavera Regency has great food.
  • Options
    Second the Brownstone. When I tell people that's where I'm getting married, the first thing they say is "OMG the food is amazing!" We had our tasting a few weeks ago and we were there for 6 hours! EVERYTHING was delicious!
  • Options
    jbarnjbarn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Primavera regency and the Venetian had great food!
  • Options
    Westmount CC all the way!!!! You know it's good when vendors say "your not missing the cocktail hour because I'm not missing the cocktail hour,"
  • Options
    I'm biased but The Graycliff had awesome food. It was our priority when finding a wedding venue.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Il Tulipano in Cedar Grove has a menu that will blow you away and the food can't even be described as "wedding food". The quality is that of a 5 star restaurant. 
  • Options
    gissy17 said:
    Westmount CC all the way!!!! You know it's good when vendors say "your not missing the cocktail hour because I'm not missing the cocktail hour,"

Vendors shouldn't partake in cocktail hour.  They aren't invited guests, they're working.

• Options
    The Seasons is fabulous. They have the best cocktail hour I've ever been too. Also Addison Park has excellent food and is a beautiful venue.
  • Options
    The loved the food at our wedding venue (The Estate at Florentine Gardens) & so did many of our guests. 

Season's, Il Tulipano, and Rockleigh Country Club also have great food!

I haven't been to Il Villaggio for a wedding but the food at their restaurant is also very good!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LoredLored member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    Park Savoy
  • Options
    Park Avenue Club in Florham Park is a private dining club so they place food and service above everything else. Their food is amazing!
  • Options
    Seasons, The Manor, Pleasantdale Chateau have great food
  • Options
    JoanE2012 said:
    gissy17 said:

Vendors shouldn't partake in cocktail hour.  They aren't invited guests, they're working.

Our photographer and videographer will be with us for 10 hours. I expect them to enjoy our cocktail hour cause the last thing I want to do is be taking pictures during it. I want to enjoy it too. I think it is unreasonable to expect anyone to work 10 hours straight with no breaks or no food. We are feeding the vendors but I was told they get fed after the guests, and only the main course. They will have been on the job over 8 hours before they get their food.  Yes they are there to work, but everybody in every other job gets breaks.They should too.
  • Options
    Westmount Country Club! Amazing :)
  • Options
    JoanE2012 said:
    gissy17 said:

Our photographer and videographer will be with us for 10 hours. I expect them to enjoy our cocktail hour cause the last thing I want to do is be taking pictures during it. I want to enjoy it too. I think it is unreasonable to expect anyone to work 10 hours straight with no breaks or no food. We are feeding the vendors but I was told they get fed after the guests, and only the main course. They will have been on the job over 8 hours before they get their food.  Yes they are there to work, but everybody in every other job gets breaks.They should too.
    I've never heard of a photographer partaking in a cocktail hour, but hey, if you're offering it to them, great for them!   I'm sure they'd love an hour break to mingle and eat.

We did not take any formal photos during cocktail hour because it's one of my favorite parts of a wedding and I wasn't missing it.  Our photographer, however, did work during the cocktail hour and got photos of our guests mingling at the cocktail hour and some great ones of my DH and I with some guests.  One of my favorite impromptu family photos was during cocktail hour.  He then took photos of the reception room setup that he didn't get earlier due to setup.  I would've been sad to miss out on the photos.

We offered him lunch while we were getting ready and he had a full meal at night, so he didn't work 10 hours without food or leave hungry.  We treated him good but did not treat him like a guest.  We paid him thousands of dollars to do a job, not to party with the other guests during cocktail hour.  
  • Options
    If cost isn't an issue then The Venetian. Hands down.
  • Options
    Second the Brownstone. When I tell people that's where I'm getting married, the first thing they say is "OMG the food is amazing!" We had our tasting a few weeks ago and we were there for 6 hours! EVERYTHING was delicious!
    OMG I'm so excited!  We are getting married there in April.  Did you do your food tasting on the weekend or during the week?  I have so many questions about the process!  LOL
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Westmount has GREAT food and great cocktail presentation.  Their martini glasses are huge!!  

I will say Brownstone also has very good food, but presentation was nicer and more modern at WCC. Another benefit to WCC if you go there on a weekend they always have tastings so you can eat and drink every time you go visit :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards