Destination Weddings Discussions

Destination weddings

Hello all!  I am new to this site.  I am recently engaged and we plan to have a destination wedding..Looking for any ideas as to where to have it.  Any input would be soo much appreciated!!

Re: Destination weddings

• Welcome and congrats!! Are you planning to get legally married in the destination you visit (civil wedding) or get married at the courthouse before you go (symbolic)?! Some countries have different rules than others.
    Anniversary
  • Congrats and welcome!

Also good questions for you and your FI to think about are:

How much do you want to spend?
    What aspects of a destination wedding are you excited about? Are you looking for a beach wedding? A European wedding? Just a destination in the US far from your current location? There are tons of options!
    Do you need an all inclusive resort or are you looking for something smaller and more intimate?
  • Hello and congrats!! I am new here as well and having a destination wedding. We want to keep it small and affordable. We are looking into Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and possibly St. Augustine in Florida, basically whichever is cheaper!! We love both places so either will be great.

The other ladies had good suggestions, I would ask yourself what kind of wedding you want (beach, European, indoor, outdoor, big, small??) and what your budget is. This could help narrow it down! Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards