October 2013 Weddings
Options

Cake topper

What are you having? I cannot find anything I like and I am getting very annoyed. I need some inspiration!

Re: Cake topper

• Options
    FLDiverFLDiver member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013

Well, I'll be honest about mine....I saw no reason to spend a good $100 on a topper, so I found a set of salt and pepper shakers in our color scheme (more or less) and theme (nautical) for $20 online.

Do you have a general theme? Color scheme? Favorite hobby? Do you love your new initials?  If you can focus on one specific "thing" that might make you excited to add, see if you can take that and run with it....don't limit yourself to "wedding" based searches, if you're looking online. 

• Options
    I am making this for our topper. FI and I are huge football fans and I love the broncos but he is a patriot fan. We always have a rivalry going about football so this is perfect for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • Options
    FLDiverFLDiver member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013

This is the topper, as done up on etsy......needless to say, ours will not include embellishments....

• Options
    We're using the topper that FI's parents used at their wedding! They'd saved it! I had to wash some of the icing from their (25+ year old) cake, but it's adorable and I'm so excited about it. If they hadn't had that, we probably wouldn't have used a topper and just adorned the cake with some fresh flowers left over from the arrangements for the reception centerpieces (the florist offered us these at no cost).
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rkborkbo member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    This was the inspiration for our cake topper...we met playing hockey and 3 years later we still play on the same team. It will of course be two women since, well, we are two women :) Fiance's cousin is very much into ceramics and such, so she is making it for us. :)

• Options
    We're using the Lego wedding cake topper.

• Options
    Our colors are Navy and a Lime-ish green...our only "flowers" are Baby's Breath.  I just have seen "the one" yet, lol...I don't really want to do baby's breath as a topper because it is being piped on the cake itself and I don't want to take away from the piping.  I'll have to check out etsy some more...
  • Options
    Our initials 9.99 on Sale at hobby lobby! Holla!!! I just wanna eat some cake....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ours are Adirondack chairs from Etsy.  They actually inspired my half-assed idea of decor https://www.etsy.com/transaction/118704223?ref=fb2_tnx_image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I made ours. Saw some I liked on etsy, but was NOT going to spend $150 on them. 
  • Options
    Ours is attached. I bought it on etsy from this seller: https://www.etsy.com/shop/asimplestart?ref=seller_info

It was about $90 with the addition of the dogs and shipping (and it was on sale the day I bought it)

It was one of the first things I purchased after we got engaged (and had to put the order on hold until I purchased my dress and knew what the colors were and what the guys would be wearing.) He proposed while we were out on his boat (which he often uses for fishing trips) and I just loved the personalization.

You could go to a craft store and "bling up" FI's last name initial, or do something simple like that. There are so many options. Don't let it stress you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I plan to make ours.  I'm going to stain a wood letter of our last initial and add two small ceramic love birds to the base.  Simple, but us.
  • Options
    We are doing our monogram.  I don't know what we would do with a standard cake topper afterwards, but these we can turn in to ornaments.  We are having our first initials and his last initial which will be mine after the wedding.
  • Options
    Okay, so our 'topper' was one of my major splurges.

On our actual cake we are just having silk flowers.

On his grooms cake, I paid over $200 to get us as zombie fighters and his groomsmen as zombies that we'll be fighting - there's 7 figurines that I will be getting, and it came to about $30/figure. This is the seller's shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Jsebold87?ref=seller_info. I can't wait to see them! My plan is to give the guys each their own figure as a gift as well. They are all into zombie stuff so it's going to be a really fun surprise! (FI doesn't know this is happening either)
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    this is ours it was $29.99 on etsy. obviously it has our names on it and i had her remove the feather cause i thought it made it look cheesy.  we are only doing a 10 inch cake as a centerpiece of all our desserts we are having.
    egg.jpg 51.6K
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just ordered mine and I can't wait for it to come!
  • Options

Hopefully, my best friend's mother will be making ours.  I want a peacock and a peahen and I wasn't impressed with what I found online.  BF's mom is an artist and I'm confident she will do something amazing!

• Options
    We are having our last name inital.  Bought it from Michaels.  Simple but has a bit of sparkle so it fits my style :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We paid $50 for ours, but I'm very happy/excited about it. 

FI is in love with penguins (paging @snippet17 haha) and there was a guy on Etsy who did these adorable cake toppers. It will make a nice decoration for somewhere in the house!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing a scrolled metal H we found at a cute shop. It's not technically a cake topper, but that is how I will use it. But I love @alisonmarie658 picture. Our last name will be Haas which means hare in German. :o)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! I am going to have to search etsy on Friday when the baby I watch is napping.
  • Options
    We are not going to do a topper.  We will have flowers cascading down the cake so I didn't want to take away from that.

@millersox ~ I'm a Broncos fan as well!!!  However, FI is a Raiders fan!!  LOL  I'm sure you can imagine what our house is like!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Options
    snippet17 said:
    EmilyTork said:
    We paid $50 for ours, but I'm very happy/excited about it. 

FI is in love with penguins (paging @snippet17 haha) and there was a guy on Etsy who did these adorable cake toppers. It will make a nice decoration for somewhere in the house!
    Not sure if you saw mine posted above. We are planning on having them somewhere in our apartment. Luckily, FI loves penguins, too.
    The pic isn't showing up on my computer :(

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got a very cheap topper from Michael's that is just two hearts that are a bit glittery. Kinda tacky but who really cares about the cake topper anyway? Haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards