Chit Chat
Options

When your friends become your neighbors

A couple we are friends with moved in to the building next to us, and showed up as I was coming home from work to invite FI and I to dinner.  

Unfortunately, I had called him as I was leaving work and said I needed some private time when I got home, and when they knocked he answered the door naked and ready to go.  

Previously Alaynajuliana

Re: When your friends become your neighbors

• Options
    Omg lol wow.

I couldn't live that close to friends. It's like family. I like y'all and all, but if you can walk over on a dime, you're too damn close!

I like being at least a 10 minute DRIVE from anyone I know lol. ATM, we are more like 30 bc we moved to far Far East side of Houston lol. Like, 3 miles from the next county!

Everyone else lives at other points of the county line and we like it like that!
  • Options
    Ahhh!! Bet he checks to see who it is next time before opening the door butt naked!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    He didn't think it might not be you since it was someone knocking? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Sometimes my key doesn't work :/

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Options
    Ajuliana said:
    A couple we are friends with moved in to the building next to us, and showed up as I was coming home from work to invite FI and I to dinner.  

Unfortunately, I had called him as I was leaving work and said I needed some private time when I got home, and when they knocked he answered the door naked and ready to go.  

WHY would he answer the door naked?  This is not an issue of friends living close.  It could have been anyone (UPS, FedEx, sales person, etc.).  Why wouldn't he have checked before opening the door if he was waiting for you naked?
    This. I always, always check who it is before opening the door. Could be anybody. Could be a home invasion. Who knows.
  • Options
    I literally work less than a mile from home, so in his defense their timing was really coincidental. Our friends laughed it off and so did we though, so it's all okay. Made for good dinner conversation!

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Options
    Linger it's not a big deal, just a funny story. And this is the first time he'd ever done that so I doubt he really thought it through. I'm sure he learned to be more cautious next time.

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Options
    I didn't mean it to read that way, oops. Meant it as a funny. I doubt he'll be answering the door nude anytime soon.

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Options
    Haha that's funny. I always have random friends and family stopping by, so I make sure I don't go out of my room less than dressed just in case!
  • Options
    That's mortifying!

I had a "friend" from work live in the building next door to me, as well. I can't count how many 3am knocks on the door for soda I had. I threw a party when that chick moved out!
  • Options
    Lol this is pretty funny!! Great share:)
  • Options
    Ajuliana said:
    I didn't mean it to read that way, oops. Meant it as a funny. I doubt he'll be answering the door nude anytime soon.
    This is the way I took it, as quite a funny story! I thank-you for the good chuckle today, Ajuliana!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards