Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Happy Hump Day!

Morning!  
  I had to go to the market last night since I was in Pittsburgh all weekend-never a fun time.  Then FI and I went to Kohl's to add more items to our registry.  We had a really hard time finding additional things, but there were only 2 things left on it, and we wanted to add more because my work shower is in 3 weeks and that's the only store we registered at that is in our town.  Anyone know of any "fun things" to register for?  
  I decided to "bling out" my wedding shoes last night.  I'll take a picture later and show you ladies what I did-I really like how they turned out!  I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Hump Day!

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!
    Another lazy night for me last night! FI and I went to dinner then grocery shopping - blah... I HATE grocery shopping!! Then just went home and watched the Biggest Loser! I LOVE that show... It was nice to actually get to watch it on a Tuesday! I'm usually in class and have to miss it and watch it wed night.

So I think I have finally finished designing my STD's! I really love them and think I'm going to carry through the theme/design into the invites! I'll make a seperate post w/ pics!

Heather - no ideas on 'fun' things to register for... what about a fondu set? Dont know if you have one or not but I LOVE ours! My mom also got me a small popcorn machine for christmas and I LOVE it - it's Cuisineart... it is SO much fun and the popcorn is really yummy!! Can't wait to see your shoes!!
  • edited December 2011
    Good Morning! DH had a good first day at work yesterday, plus we got to bed by 11!Surprised ,so the day turned around. I still had trouble getting out of bed this morning, but no random tummy ache, so we're off to a better start.

H- Can't wait to see your shoes- fun! As for "fun" registry items, we registered for a bocce ball set at Target. Though I guess Kohl's prob. doesn't carry something like that... how about luxury-type items that aren't necessities, but that you'd like to have? For ex., we had a shower radio, bath pillow and tray on our registry.
  • edited December 2011
    GM!  Today is my last day of work! WOO!!! 

Yesterday was a roller coaster I feel like.  Work was stressful (which it never is so it was a big deal).  Than I was trying to ask questions to our reception coordinator about table runners and he tells me that they only have 60" tables and not 72".  I immediately go into panic mode.  60" tables only hold 8 people and I know our venue isn't big enough to hold 38 tables of 8! Come to find out they have oval tables?!  I've never seen an oval table.  This will be interesting...

DF and I did pick out paint for the house though, that was exciting!

H-We registered for a sushi making set at Kohls, along with some picture frames, a sangria pitcher/glasses and a lot of serving dishes (not completely necessary, but would be great at some point).  For instance, I registered for a platter that would hold a LARGE turkey.  Are we going to have thanksgiving for 25+ at our house, maybe not but maybe some day!

G-Soak up the "lazy" nights with DF, it sounds like with his schedule you don't 'get to do that very often! 

Kim-Glad you are feeling better and DF made it through his first day!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Morning all, we've had a break in our yearly HR training, so I logged on to catch up.  That's all the exciting things I have today.  Boring!

For fun things I definitely say a fondue set, we've got 4 (we're really above and beyond since we love fondue so much).
    Other fun things - what about a margarita machine!  I saw some at kohls yesterday I loved, or what about a second small set of fun dishes that you could use at a theme dinner or something.  You could also stock up on some things, like extra towels, etc, and put them away for a fresh new look later.  Also, I would go online.  Kohls online has a lot of stuff that isn't in their stores.
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Meg- I have never seen an oval table either. Sorry to hear it's stressing you out. So I assume it didn't specify table shape in the contract? I say that since they knew the number you plan on having, it's their responsibility to accomodate everyone!

Bri- how did it go at the dealership yesterday?

• LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies!  Is anyone else having a really weird display in place of everyone's tickers?  Last night I had Zumba and then FI and I had a ballroom lesson and went out for a late dinner.  It's been so fun learning to dance with him, and he's getting really into it too :)  I woke up with a cold this morning, though- BOO.

Hmm, Heather, fun stuff- yoga mats, cheese board and markers, special wine/drink glasses (like Riesling, or cordial, etc), ice cream machine, board games, cashmere throw for the couch/airplanes, fancy picture frames and vases, house decor like lamps.

G, again, love your STDs!  And yay for a relaxing night with your FI.
    K, so glad your DH's first day at work went well!  I was thinking of you guys last night.
    M, last day of work?!  That's exciting!  What are your next steps?
    Bri, I've been wondering about the dealership too.  Did you guys make a deal?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011

Oh yea, M, is it your last day of work for the week, or like your permanent last day? I wasn't sure how to interpret it.

LaFemme- I was getting that too- in place of everyone's siggies was a huge display about the knot undergoing upgrades or something to that effect. Weird! Then it didn't let me get on for a while. Everything seems back to normal now though.

Hope you get over your cold quickly- I hate spring/summer colds!

• edited December 2011
    Hello!

Last night we had an event on Capitol Hill. It went just OK. I think it would've gone better if the reception right next to us wasn't hosted by the liquor distilleries. They had barrels of liquor, so no one wanted to come to our reception because all we were pushing was education... only wine and beer at ours. But, oh well it still went ok. After the event I met some colleagues and FI for drinks and then FI and I went to get kabobs for dinner.

Today, I am just dragging. I hope to get some pep soon! I feel guilty that all of you went grocery shopping and hate it... because I ordered groceries and they will be delivered tonight... a huge plus of living in the city!

H- I agree with the ladies suggestions, just go and register for everything and anything!!
    GMC- I love your STDs!
    Duq- Yay for last day!
    Kim- I'm happy to hear that DH first day went well! and another Yay for no stomachache!
    Bri- any news on the house?
    LaFemme- boo on cold, but yay for getting FI more comfortable with dancing!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011

G-can't wait to see the STD!
    Kim-ooooh bath pillow is a good one-I just threw our old one away.  Glad you are feeling better too!
    Megan-YIKES!  Sounds liek a stressful reception meeting, I hope it works out for you!  Sushi making kit is a good idea, FI loves sushi!

Bri-  good ideas!  I'll have to keep those in mind!

Jen-Sounds like the ballroom dancing is so fun!  I am very jealous!  A yoga mat would be a nice little thing to register for....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    haha I wish it was my last day here, just my last day of the week! Sorry for the confusion!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    dealership went well.  they magically got one part and fixed it in 15 mins yesterday.  I agreed to let them bring in a plastics consultant to see if he can custom make one part of my door trim.  The appointment was supposed to be today at 1pm, but the plastics guy allegedly cancelled.  We'll see.  I told them they had a few weeks to get that part straight.  I'm glad at least one of two problems was fixed.

As for the house, we've gotten no response, and our offer expired yesterday.  I am redecorating the guest room (all new linens, new lamps, new chair, etc) and bought other things like over priced placemats to recreate our apartment space.  We love where we live and since our rent is so cheap, why not stay, sock away money into school loans, then in a year or so start looking.  Our agent is going to continue to look at stuff for us, but after 70 houses, 2 offers, and no purchase agreeement, I'm tired of it
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Bri- I do not blame you at all. I think taking a break sounds like the right course of action! Good luck!!!!!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I still cried when I realized a break was a good decision. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Bri- Glad to hear they made some progress at the dealership. Also, I know it's a tough decision to put off house-hunting, but probably a wise one. Hang in there, and try to have some fun redecorating!
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw Bri, I'm sorry it's been such a rough search for you guys.  A break sounds like a good- if difficult- decision.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards