Wedding Party
Options

Need creative help! What to do with male attendants

One afternoon, after having several glasses of wine, a male friend of mine suggested that I have a "Bride's Guard". I thought this was a brilliant idea (at the time) and immediately asked 3 male friends if they would honor me by being my guards. Now I have no idea what to do with them.

We have 3 female attendants and 3 groomsmen... and three guards.

Some ideas that have been suggested:

• Have them announce the bride with a black powder gun salute (our wedding is outdoors and our we regularly claim to be pirates)
  • Ask them to assume the usher duties (seems a little lame after asking to be a guard)
  • Neal while we are exchanging vows to protect me and FH (I think this might be distracting)

Any ideas, no matter how silly, would really help!

Re: Need creative help! What to do with male attendants

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

One afternoon, after having several glasses of wine, a male friend of mine suggested that I have a "Bride's Guard". I thought this was a brilliant idea (at the time) and immediately asked 3 male friends if they would honor me by being my guards. Now I have no idea what to do with them.

• Have them announce the bride with a black powder gun salute (our wedding is outdoors and our we regularly claim to be pirates)
    • Ask them to assume the usher duties (seems a little lame after asking to be a guard)
    • Neal while we are exchanging vows to protect me and FH (I think this might be distracting)

Sorry, your ideas are a bit far-fetched. You should just have them walk down the aisle and stand on your side during the ceremony. Asking them to "play a role" would just distract from your ceremony.

If you want to get them a pirate costume and take some pictures with them after the ceremony...that could be feasible.

• Options

Honestly, I have never heard of this. However, I would choose option 1 or 2. I personally think #3 doesn't sound fun. I get fidgety just sitting during a ceremony, having them kneel is a bit much and probably distracting.
  • Options

What the...?

Just have them be ushers and please don't label them as your bridal guard.  This is so very strange and why wedding decisions should not be made when under the influence of alcohol.

• Options

That last one sounds ridiculous, borderline cruel. I can't stand kneeling for more than a few seconds, I can't imagine someone asking me to kneel as an honor.

I would go with having them as ushers and leave it at that. I mean, it's a title your friend made up, so unless he has a better idea of what the purpose of a "bride guard" is, just change the title to usher and let it be.

Maybe groomsmen. Maybe.

• Options
    Oh, goody. Another drunken invitation into the wedding party goes awry. Imagine that. 

Ditto PPs. Ushers or stand up on your side. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards