Not Engaged Yet
Options

Pre-planning exception?

2»

Re: Pre-planning exception?

• Options
    Before posting this, I didn't really do much research in terms of the dress and how it was obtained.I also didn't really think about the wedding dress being worn for the dance. After seeing that the dress was loaned for the occasion (I have seen bridal salons do this in special circumstances), I didn't really mind. As soon as a go fund me account was brought into the picture, it definitely rubbed me the wrong way. 

I also agree with the pps that say they feel awkward when a tribute is given to a loved one during a wedding. Weddings are supposed to be a happy occasion. I think it was sweet of the father to have this memory with his daughter, but now I am not really sure if it should be played during the reception...I have been to a few weddings in which a loved one of the couple has passed away. I believe there is a tasteful way of remembering a person, for example an officiant should consider the amount of time that has elapsed since the love one died.  I have been to weddings in which a memorial candle was lit before the ceremony and was placed on the alter during the service. The candle wasn't mentioned, but we all knew who it was for after looking at the engraving on the glass. During a reception speech a small memory was shared about the person who passed away (a few years have passed since the person died), and it didn't really bother anyone.

I guess different strokes for different folks? I don't even know anymore...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards