October 2013 Weddings

Here they come!

We got our first 3 RSVPs back today in the mail. Is it weird that I'm highly disappointed that someone said no?! Must be my PMS kicking in, but I almost cried! Pass the midol!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Here they come!

• Totally understandable feeling!

I sent mine on Monday (10 weeks- I know early) and one of my BM got it Tuesday. She texted me while I was in class saying she can't make it. I was like, you must be shitting me. I called her after class and she was like, "just kidding!" Not a funny joke!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haha!!! I would have been the one to assume she was kidding only for it to turn out to be true.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RSVPs are coming back to me as well! So far, all yes'es, even if only half the couple can make it. (A few have only on person in the couple that can.) I'm trying not to worry about it either way. I just want all of them back so I don't need to call people later on!

Isn't it fun checking the mail though??
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• This makes me kind of disappointed that my RSVPs are all going to my parents' house. But I don't trust the mail here anymore, so there's that

mine are going to my parents as well, this is how the person that made our invites said it should be if the parents are hosting it. and also the mail is safer there anyways! haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I received two more RSVP's through the website from people I know have not received their invites yet.  LOL  Also on Tuesday I had a bunch of local people text me, "We got the invite!  So excited!!!".  Then the Best Man tells me he is sending his back blank just to mess with me.  I told him I outsmarted him because they are numbered and I know who it would be from.  :-D  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • rkborkbo member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary

Isn't it fun checking the mail though??
    Its the only time I've loved checking the mail....forget all the bills that come in, counting the RSVP's is what I want! :)
  • edited July 2013
    All of our RSVPs will be going to his parents' house - where he currently lives. Wahhhh. I want to check the mail. :( (#longdistancebrideproblems)
  • All of mine are going to my parents' house, too.  I am moving in about a month, so this is for the best.  I asked my mom if they are going to open them or hold them for me and my little sister (in college and still living there) immediately chimed in that SHE will be opening all of them- lil punk!

• I live with my FI parents. Holla! *runs to the mailbox*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been receiving RSVP's and so far everyone but one family can make it (they live out of state i understand). But the problem I have been running into is there's a limit of 100 guests at the chapel, so on the invites I put the names of the invited people on the inner envelope, and I'm still people are adding more guests! There's 2 names on the envelope and they RSVP'd with 6! I'm hoping I don't freak out over the RSVP's comming in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 107 Invited so far!
    image 63 Are comming!
    image 9 Will be missing out!
    image 36 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Clpapke83 said:
    I've been receiving RSVP's and so far everyone but one family can make it (they live out of state i understand). But the problem I have been running into is there's a limit of 100 guests at the chapel, so on the invites I put the names of the invited people on the inner envelope, and I'm still people are adding more guests! There's 2 names on the envelope and they RSVP'd with 6! I'm hoping I don't freak out over the RSVP's comming in.
    If you have only saved 2 seats for them but they're RSVPing with more, you should contact those guests and politely let them know they can't bring an extra 4. I won't even mention that if there's a 100 guest limit on the chapel you should have only invited 100 guests...
  • I left room for a few extra guests, but hopefully it will be ok. I don't like being the bearer of bad news. I'd hate to tell someone they couldn't come, but if it comes down to it I will.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 107 Invited so far!
    image 63 Are comming!
    image 9 Will be missing out!
    image 36 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Clpapke83 said:
    I left room for a few extra guests, but hopefully it will be ok. I don't like being the bearer of bad news. I'd hate to tell someone they couldn't come, but if it comes down to it I will.

If they weren't specifically invited, they shouldn't invite themselves.

• Also, to all of you having them go to your parent's houses when you don't live there, that sucks! I love getting my mail now.

• I have gotten two back so far. I am worried though because a couple people said their envelopes were open. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards