Not Engaged Yet

Weekend?

What's up for the weekend, ladies?

My only plans for tonight involve cooking dinner and catching up on my DVR. 

Tomorrow, H and I are driving to PA to visit my cousin and my goddaughter! I can't wait to see her :)

Sunday, again, I have no real plans. I'll probably clean up the apartment and have a lazy day.

Re: Weekend?

• I am so glad this week is over the past two weeks my co-worker has been out and I've been doing the work of two people. 

Tonight I have the rehearsal and dinner for my friend's weddng.  I'm a bridesmaid.  So we're doing the rehearsal at the church and then going to a near by restaurant.

Tomorrow is the wedding it's a long day. I have to be there at 9:30 for hair the ceremony isn't until 2 and the reception starts at around 5:30pm or so. There will be plenty of drinking involved.

Sunday hopefully I won't be too hungover. FI's parents are coming over I believe to help us with things around the house.  I'm really hoping it doesn't rain, which seems slim right now so the patio can finally be finished!!! May be the kitchen can finally be done being painted too.  They are so awesome for coming up and helping us out. I'll need a weekend to recover from the weekend though.... but back to work on Monday.

Anniversary

• Tonight FI and I are cooking at his place and moving some things over to his place. It's cool to see everything coming together in his apartment. I will probably do Insanity and be sore for the rest of the weekend.

Saturday FI has his semi-finals tennis match for Alta. If he wins this then he goes to the finals on Sunday morning. Afterwards we are going to the lake with my family. I haven't been on our boat in over a year or water skied in over a year so this should all be very interesting. Then I will probably relax for the rest of the day.

Sunday is @lmhollister bday and we will probably get brunch that morning. We have Brave's tickets for an 8p.m. game but I'm a grandma and can't stay up late so I'm still debating whether or not to go. We will still have a fun day with probably lots of shopping and drinks that night!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Sunday is my birthday!! Sorry I'm a huge AW when it comes to my birthday.

Tonight is just a normal night for me. Going to go over to the parent's house and bring my puppy so she can use up all her energy playing with their dogs. We'll probably go grocery shopping to prep for our trip to the lake tomorrow.

Saturday BF and I are going to the lake with my parents, @southernpeach89 and her FI, other little sis, and the dogs. I'm really looking forward to taking the puppy out on the water for the first time. She's going to have so much fun!

Sunday is my birthday so hopefully it will consist of lots of good times. @southernpeach89, me and our mom are going to go get our nails done. I think we're also planning on having brunch that day and just hanging out at the house until it's time to go to the Braves game that evening. Game i scheduled for 8 thanks to ESPN deciding to air it...ugh. It's going to make Monday morning really rough but at least it should be a good game against the Cardinals.

• @lmhollister happy almost birthday!! Convince that grandma of a sister @southernpeach89 to go to the game Sunday! After all, it's baseball and way more fun than my weekend will be!

Today will be a boring day/evening. Fi is going golfing after work so probably won't be home until 8:30 or so. Then I'll probably read from 9-10 and go to bed (@southernpeach89 you may be a grandma but I'm headed into great grandma territory!)

Tomorrow we don't really have any plans. I have to continue eating a low residue diet and try not to have a panic attack which probably means I'll be crocheting a lot of my amigurumi monsters. My shrink recommended crafting to help with my anxiety and it really is helping me stay sane. Plus I make cute projects!

Sunday, I start a liquid diet I think at dinner time. I may start it at lunch time. Take my first laxatives at 6...and then have to continue the liquid diet until Tuesday at 12:30 (can't actually eat real food until 4 or so). Needless to say, I bought SO MANY DRINKS yesterday at the store lol. Monday will be rough but after Tuesday, my anxiety should decrease significantly. I'm looking forward to being sane again.

We also might go on a little vacation to fla to visit family once this nonsense is figured out. We were gonna go to isle of palms and Atlanta on the way there & back but we may not have that much time anymore :/
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @swazzle have fun with your goddaughter!!!!

@peaseblossom55 can you send FI's parents to my house too to help out? This morning BF decided we should paint ALL the rooms in the house before he and my dad lay down the flooring next year while I'm on vacation. I'm so indecisive with colors, so if they could just help out with that, that would be great. The only color I've decided on was the color for the kitchen which is the same color @motolyn used!

Happy birthday @lmhollister!

Tonight when I get home, I'm going to workout for like an hour to make up for the slacking that I did all week (even though I've been down 5 lbs since Monday, but still I need to get back into the routine of working out). Then I'll have some dinner, make BF a sandwich and then we'll head to the movies at 7:30 to see The Conjuring.

Tomorrow my friend is coming over to help with my diaper cake for my friend's shower next weekend. Saturday night I have nothing planned, just probably going to lay low and relax with my dvr.

Sunday we have nothing planned either.

Boy I'm exciting!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 I wish I could send them your way, they might mind though.  FI's mom is great at painting too.  I've gotten so much better at it though.  That is a lot to take on.  It's awful but I already want to repaint the bedroom not too fond of the green we painted the bedroom, but I'm going to have to get over it.

Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    edited July 2013

Thanks @peaseblossom55 and @Blue & White and @buddysmom80! I'll definitely try to convince @southernpeach89 to go (cough cough wimp cough) but I can't blame her. The game probably won't end until midnight and we won't get home until 1 or 1:30. And then the puppy likes to get up a 5:30..oh well. Just gonna be a caffeine heavy Monday. It's worht it...you only have a birthday once a year. At least this year I get a birthday weekend!

@Blue and White Atlanta eh? Let us know if you make a stop here. Southern and I can give great restaurant and things-to-do recommendations!

Check out my early birthday present from my parents. They got me an outdoor rug and a wicker chest/coffee table for the backporch! It was such a nice surprise to come home to last night.

• @peaseblossom55 I hate painting, and I'm worried I would change my mind too with the color! Also I realized the color that I want for the living room (a greyish-blueish color) would not go with my furniture which is like a beige and dark brown combo. Ugh....

@lmhollister I love that coffee table! I can't wait to start getting furniture for our backyard.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @lmhollister and @blue- I would totally go if my place and FI's place weren't so far from the stadium. I will probably be convinced though, I'm easily swayed by my FI and sisters lol. 

I love your new present!!! Soo pretty! Yay for places to put our plates and cups lol.

Also @Blue- Have fun if you drive through ATL, there are lots of fun places to go and eat. 
  • @lmhollister - Happy early birthday! Love the gifts from your parents! 

@buddysmom80 - Text me after The Conjuring tonight and let me know how you liked it. I loved it and want to see it again. 

• @lmhollister and @southernpeach89 I just wanna go to the aquarium! Haha and a braves game. Fi is being weird about his vacation time but I'm hoping I can convince him :) I wish Atlanta was a closer drive cause I've been wanting to go to the aquarium for far too long!

@buddysmom80 it made me laugh when you said you had until next year when your dad puts in floor. I assume that's like next week or next month? :) I would totally help paint if I were closer. I actually like painting lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • labrolabro member

@peaseblossom and @buddysmom80 I dunno if this helps you guys any but I prefer to stick with more neutral colors when painting. Or at least choose a tone that works with a lot of other colors. That way if I ever decide to change up a room I don't have to repaint it as well and it's easy to match a color to it. With our master bedroom I ended up going with an olive-gold color. It's really rich and I'm in love with it. I took my bedding to the store to pick it out. I originally wanted to go with blue or a blue-gray because the bedding has some blue I wanted to bring out but the olive-gold color is more versatile. It fits with reds, greens, neutrals and it really highlights my red curtains and the red in my comforter. For our master bath I chose a color called "ecru"...basically a pale cream...because it was also a color in my bedspread and it because it helped to pull in the colors from the bedroom into the bathroom.

Choosing a neutral color makes it easier to highlight your decor with bright colorful statement pieces. It's also easy to create a flow from room to hallway to room. For instance..I plan on painting our hallway in two tones. The olive-gold on the lower half because it's darker with the ecru on the upper half and then I'll paint the already existing chairirailing white. This will lead into our kitchen and dining room. The kitchen will probably be neutral but the dining room is going to be a cabernet color which will help emphasize the reds in my bedroom and the red decorative pieces in my kitchen.

So basically in a lot of words what I'm trying to say is continuity is important. It helps to first come up with a master plan and then start choosing your paint colors from there. The color scheme in my house is generally a mix of reds and golds with some blues, greens, and cream. Once I know what my main colors are I can choose what's giong to look good throughout and what will help to lead the eye from room to room without being disruptive. Sorry, I think I spend far too much time thinking about how I want to decorate my house lol...

• I want to see The Conjuring so bad, may be I can get FI to take me during the week, if we finish up the patio this weekend. I keep saying that and rain and keeps ruining the plans to finish the patio.

@buddymom80 I've had no regrets with any of the other colors we've chosen for the house except the bedroom, it's not awful. I doubt we'll ever change it though.  Can you try buying a few samples  and seeing how they work,  It's worth the extra money to make sure you like it.  Once the patio is done we'll start to get our outdoor furniture.  I told FI for my b-day I wanted a fire pit and patio table, this is the one year we are being pratical with gifts.

Anniversary

• @swazzle I will let you know! BF said it's based on the Warrens which I'm excited about. They're from CT and have this crazy ass museum and Elaine used to do presentations all over the place (she's getting up there in age, so I don't know what's going on with her anymore). The last time I remembered that she was speaking anywhere was at my old college and that was maybe 2005 ish?

Yup here's the link for the museum and now I remember where my fear of Raggedy Anne dolls come from. Freaking annabelle: http://www.warrens.net/index.html

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - I don't want to give anything away so I'm saying nothing ;)

• @blue&white nope it's next year! My mom and I are going to Europe for two weeks in March and my dad complained he would be "bored" without my mom. He then invited himself to my house while we were away and help my BF install the floor.

TBH I like to paint too, but I get so into the details whereas my BF just slops paint on the walls. I'm like "you're doing it WRONG!" I think I just need a referee during our paint jobs.

@lmhollister, I think overall I'm going for a seaside/beachy theme. So the kitchen (which has a TON of natural light coming in) we're doing a turqoisey blue color. The living room would be the grey color. The bathroom eventually is going to be remodeled and the colors are going to be beige and blue. The hallway I have no clue what I'm doing. Our bedroom we were thinking about doing a cafe au lait color and then one accent wall with a dark purple. I'm not worrying about how that "flows" with the rest of the house since we keep the door the bedroom closed all the time. The two bedrooms upstairs I'm just going to prime white again as well as the half bathroom when it's installed.

@peaseblossom55 there's actually a paint store in my town that gives out free paint samples so I might swing by there this weekend and get a few to test out. Also we bought a fire pit and have used it twice. I'm so glad we bought a portable one first before putting in a permanent fire pit since we never use it. Probably in the fall it'll get more use though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @blue The aquarium is so much fun! It's been a while since I've been and I know they made some changes but definitely do that. Also you will be right next to the Coke factory!
  • @lmhollister - happy early birthday!!

tonight, H and I are going grocery shopping (OMG our list is massive because of this W30 biz) and then out to eat to our faaaaaavorite Mexican place and then stop by our faaaaaavorite bakery.  and then I'm going to clean out the fridge and get everything ready.  we sort of begin Sunday, and officially during the week.  AH!

OH!  and we got our juicer so I have big plans to juice up!  anyone have any tasty recipes?

Saturday, I'm not sure what I have planned.  nothing at this point, but I know H will need to work on his message for our Spanish services that night, so I might run up to the paint store to buy our paint for the house.  or maybe work in the garden.  who knows!
  • @lmhollister, have a happy birthday weekend!

This weekend will actually involve more than studying (but still plenty of studying, lol). Today is just going to be reviewing for my final on Wednesday all day (which is only about 6 more hours or so since I woke up so late...), then I'm going over to BF's house. He is making dinner, and we will probably just hang out, maybe watch a movie, and count our change collection. (Yes, we roll it up in those little paper tubes and everything - it's a very relaxing date night, and super-fun because it always funds our vacations, or good chunks of them.)

Saturday, I am going to a friend's bachelorette party; we are going wine-tasting at several vineyards all day. It is going to be a lot of fun! Everything in me is screaming to stay at home and study, but I haven't seen her in months and, frankly, probably need a glass of wine right now. ;) Then going back to see BF.

Sunday, studying and cooking and menu-planning. My eating habits have gone to utter crap lately, and I have spent way too much money on fast food recently, so I need to come up with some relatively healthy and cheap food ideas for the next semester and start implementing them.
  • Happy birthday, @lmhollister! I love my bday, too, so I'll probably AW it in a few weeks :)

Tonight I need a good night's sleep. I've had a head cold/allergies all week and I'm over it. Toby had his first chemo session yesterday, so last night when he got up in the middle of the night, I was worried he had to go to the bathroom, so I got up and went downstairs (at 2:15a). That led to me being up for almost 2.5 hours in the middle of the night. Now I'm sleepy.

Tomorrow I'm going to go for a run, go to the public pool for about 90 minutes, get my haircut, and then DH and I are going to the Dave Matthews Band concert.

Sunday we are sleeping in, making breakfast, hanging out with Toby, and then going to BWWs to watch the USMNT soccer game at 4. Fun weekend ahead!

@buddysmom80 - I like all the colors we've chosen for our rooms except for our spare bedroom. It doesn't quite match the bedspread (the bedspread was packed so there was no way for me to check before the room was painted) but is a nice color in its own right.

Also, I wish I'd painted our master bedroom white. It's a nice brown color, but I wish it was a little more light and airy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @lmhollister - Happy birthday!

I'm knitting until my hands fall off. Two Christmas presents are off my needles! I made this throw:
    Lw1583_small2
    using Vanna's Choice yarn. One of them is navy and the other one is officially beige, but I think it's got more gold tones. (Clearly the picture is not my work.) They need to have the ends woven in and they're in severe need of blocking, but that is the work of ... two afternoons. Over a 2-3 week time period. I have to go to my parents' place to block because they have a basement where they can keep their cat away from the work. I have nowhere to block at my apartment because of Ellie-belle.

I'm working on makeup removal pads right now, and I have enough yarn for 4 more baby hats. I have two cones of cotton for dishcloths. I have 7 pounds of baby yarn for baby afghans. I also have 4 scarves in this yarn, which is ridiculously fun to work with:
    And I have the craft show in 3.5 months. Game on.

Otherwise, let's see ... My parents are coming to town tomorrow and are taking BF and I out to lunch, probably also my brother and his GF. BF and I are 6 episodes into the original "Star Trek" series, which I am mercilessly making fun of as we go along.
  • @buddysmom80 free samples are even better!

Anniversary

• This weekend is the last weekend before the wedding so we are going to try to relax(if that's possible).

Tonight is date night, so we might have dinner and see a movie.

Saturday I'm doing nothing but clean the house and then fiancé and I have to hit up Costco.

Sunday is church and probably just my fiancé and I having a cookout!
  • The Conjuring was AMAZING! Loved it and people in the theater acted just liked the commercials where people were jumping and screaming. Highly recommend it!
  • @swazzle I will let you know! BF said it's based on the Warrens which I'm excited about. They're from CT and have this crazy ass museum and Elaine used to do presentations all over the place (she's getting up there in age, so I don't know what's going on with her anymore). The last time I remembered that she was speaking anywhere was at my old college and that was maybe 2005 ish?

Yup here's the link for the museum and now I remember where my fear of Raggedy Anne dolls come from. Freaking annabelle: http://www.warrens.net/index.html

The Warrens used to come to the Q every year, I met & talked to them a few times. That is the main reason why I want to see this movie, because they've said that this is the one case that they never talked about. And @buddysmom I, too, HATED the Annabelle story.

I'm having dinner w/a girlfriend tonight & catching up on the Bachelorette. Tomorrow, my cousin is having a big BBQ at her house, so I'll go to that in the afternoon. No plans on Sunday, but BF has really wanted to go to Cooperstown for a while, and he brought it up again last night, so maybe we'll drive out there on Sunday (although I really would like to make a weekend out of it, instead of just a day, but we'll see.) 

*******************************************************************************************

• @cu97tiger that's what I worry about too. Right now my MB is small so I worry that the one dark wall will make the room even smaller. Maybe I'll keep it all the same cafe au lait color and when we add the addition to the house, I can have my dark wall!

I seriously cannot make up my mind!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @KeptInStitches, you are talented! And slightly crazy - that sounds like a lot of work! I have tried using that yarn for the scarves, but I always have trouble with it. It usually slips off my needles about halfway through and I get cranky, lol.
  • BF and I are going camping. I'm super excited. This is the first weekend we've ever gone anywhere just the two of us. We'll leave this afternoon then get back on Sunday.

• @bethsmiles, have a great time! Hope you guys have good weather for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards