North Carolina-Outer Banks

hair recommendation

Hi all!  

I have a question for past OBX brides:  how did you wear your hair?  I'd love to wear all or at least half of my hair down & curled but I've heard concerns about the wind at beach weddings.  I have curly hair but for some reason it doesn't hold curling iron curls very well and I wouldn't want it to fall flat.  Did anyone have problems with the wind messing up your do??

Thanks! :)  As always, I'd love to see photos if you're willing to share! 

Re: hair recommendation

• I have very thick naturally curly hair, and originally wanted to wear it down in loose waves, my hair curls very well, in the end I decided to go for an up do so I wouldn't be concerned about the curls failing out, or hair blowing around. Honestly, I don't remember it being windy though. This picture isn't the best picture, but really the only one showing my hair up close.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry couldn't get the photo to post.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lbb135lbb135 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Thanks for sharing!  Very pretty... I like the sparkle too :)  I guess it will depend on weather the day of, but like you I don't want to be worried about it all day!  
  • I have straight hair that usually does not hold a curl. I too was concerned about curls lasting all day. I decided to go for it anyway. I did a half up do with curls hanging down the back. It came out beautiful. Dispite the strong breeze coming off the ocean the curls lasted all night. The girl from glimmer that did my hair knew the right products to use to get it to last.
  • I have hair very much like yours.  It is super-straight, and they only way I can usually get it to hold a curl is by putting in hot rollers for hours or sleeping in foam ones. 

I wanted my hair half-up though, so I went with it.  The curl fell a bit, but not completely; we had a pretty windy day.  The only thing I would have changed was to pin back the hair around my face, because the wind blew it in my face too often.  Other than that, I fell asleep that night with my hair still up, and it was still in place the next morning.  If you get a good hair dresser (I used Bombshell's), they'll know how to make it stay.

I've attached before, "during" (the end of the ceremony), and after pics.
    image June 22, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards