African American Weddings

Bridal Showers invitees...

Hey Ladies! It has been my belief that you only invite women who are invited to the wedding to the bridal shower. I'm getting requests from people who aren't invited to the wedding to attend the shower. It's awkward to say the least. What would you do or what have you done in this situation. These are people who I'm pretty sure know they aren't invited to the wedding.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Showers invitees...

• I'd like to know too!

• leatbaleatba member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    For those that weren't invited to the wedding, I explained that it is rude to invite them to the shower only. Some of them were completely ok with it and just said they wanted to be apart of the festivities in some way,then asked to be b listed for the wedding. The others kind of had an attitude but said they understood. The key is explaining.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • marsm4marsm4 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    What does "b listed" for the wedding mean?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i went to a shower for my former coworker and was not invited to the wedding and i was ok with that 
    since my wedding is so small... most of the people if i have a shower who will be invited wont be invited to the wedding 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • leatbaleatba member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    A list- was people I invited B- list- people I want to invite but don't have the space. B- list people will be added once I have enough no RSVP's
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • marsm4marsm4 member
    Oh ok, gotcha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    just to piggy back on this thread.. beacuse I would like to know .. I am in a similar situation.. my mom is throwing a shower for me this weekend.. in my home town and she invited all her friends and lots of people from church/ sunday school class... but the issue is only like one or two people invited to the shower are invited to the wedding.. what to do? I told my mom an invite to the shower means and invite to the wedding... she said no these people are not going to travel out of town near thanksgiving for a wedding... what to do ... do you think its okay to make an announcement at the end of the shower and say thank you for coming and thanking you for celebrating with me...i dont want anyone to stress about coming to the wedding since it is going to very small  intimate..(its not ..but they dont need to know)

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • marsm4marsm4 member
    LeciaB said:
    just to piggy back on this thread.. beacuse I would like to know .. I am in a similar situation.. my mom is throwing a shower for me this weekend.. in my home town and she invited all her friends and lots of people from church/ sunday school class... but the issue is only like one or two people invited to the shower are invited to the wedding.. what to do? I told my mom an invite to the shower means and invite to the wedding... she said no these people are not going to travel out of town near thanksgiving for a wedding... what to do ... do you think its okay to make an announcement at the end of the shower and say thank you for coming and thanking you for celebrating with me...i dont want anyone to stress about coming to the wedding since it is going to very small  intimate..(its not ..but they dont need to know)
    I would definitely thank them for coming and celebrating with you.  I would not include the part about not coming to an out of town wedding.  If you don't live there and your mother is throwing it, I would let her deal with those that might be upset about not being invited to the wedding.  Is that bad? LOL...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    @marsm4.. no its not and I told her she is going to have to deal with it.. and pay for those extra people.. all 20 of them

Daisypath - (PNE7)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards