June 2014 Weddings

Wedding dress, attained!

So excited, I flew home last weekend to go shopping with my MOH and my family. We went to a small bridal shop that my MOH found, and it was really nice. It was personal attention (we had made an appointment ahead of time), and I tried on about 20+ dresses. They had some samples that they were selling 60% off, i picked a few to try on but wasn't thinking I would actually like any of them. I actually wanted a lace fitted, but not mermaid style, dress. 

I actually ended up going with one of the samples, and it's not lace at all. It's Maggie Sotero's Debbie, and I absolutely love it. We are having a beach wedding, and it's a tad big, so there will be quite a bit of altering required. I'm going to take a lot of the crinoline out of the bottom of it so it's not so poofy, and then cut most of the train off. I'll leave a little bit, but not much. I don't have a pic, sorry :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding dress, attained!

• YAY! Congratulations!!!

Like you, I didn't get the dress I thought I would. I had seen it on the website, but it didn't make my shortlist. When I was in the dressing room, the attendant brought it to me "just to try" because the dress I thought I was going to get didn't look quite like how I wanted it to, and this one was still within my budget. Once I walked out and heard everyone's reaction and looked in the mirror I knew it was the one.

Dress shopping has definitely been one of the easiest and most fun things about this planning.
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards