Wedding Woes
Options

New friends

So the guy friend is a couple years younger than us and we met him when he was helping coach Son's baseball team this year.  He played baseball in college, so right away, he and DH have a lot to talk about.  We've had him over to our house a couple times this summer.

His girlfriend is 22 and fresh out of college.  There's not really anything more to add.

Baseball Guy (BG)  invited us to his house for a cookout friday night with his friends.  I'd say there were 15 or so people there.  All of the guys were super nice and they all seem to have the same sense of humor as DH and I.  The girls are all Girlfriend's (GF) friends.  So they're all 22 as well.

I was miserable when the party sort of split into guys talking in the house, girls talking on the deck.  I have nothing to talk about with a 22 yo that doesn't start with "Yeah, I remember that....".  They didn't really try to talk to me.  In fact, one girl pulled her chair right in front of mine, cutting me off from the circle.  I decided to go to the bathroom inside and then just stayed inside with the guys. They were great and included me in conversation.

BG kept asking DH if I was having fun (while I was still outside).  He was worried that his GF would treat me the way she was treating me.  DH assured him I was a big girl and that I could handle it.

Eventually GF came in and put on a fake smile and told BG in a valley girl voice that it was so nice of him to spend time with her all night and then left with her friends.  So yeah.

We really had a great time.  We learned that BG (who is from a different city) lived just 3 doors down from us when we lived in the townhouse AND he is friends with one of the best men in our wedding.  Weird.

Re: New friends

• Options
    She sounds awesome. So do her friends.  ::eyeroll::

What an asshole. 

YAY for BG being nice.   He needs a new GF.

• Options
     He needs a new GF.

DH and I also think so.  You know, because we know him so well and all.  :)
  • Options
    Ugh.  At least it turned into a good time by the end.
  • Options

I don't think I could handle being at a party full of 22 year old girls.  You are a saint.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I remember when I was 22 and thought my BF should entertain me (now, H), but I grew up, realized he is not my entertainment and moved on. 

Hopefully she will do that also, and also not be a giant twatface either.  That might be harder to overcome.
  • Options
    i wonder if she sucks because she is 22, or she sucks, and just happens to be 22. 

yay for new BG friend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards