Honeymoon Discussions

Moorea Honeymoon

Going to Moorea next month, anything that is a must do?? Also, any tips on food that won't cost a ton of money?!?!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Moorea Honeymoon

• Which resort are you staying at? Go to a market upon arrival and stock up on essentials- breads, juice, snacks, beer. Some resorts (I know the Pearl does) had an empty mini fridge to keep things cold. Others, you may have to keep ice on hand for your drinks. I'm not sure if it's still there, but Allo Pizza was very tasty and a cheap meal. Also, bring some snacks with you. You can pack granola bars or small boxes of cereal. You can also bring duty free liquor if you like to drink. There is a juice called Tahiti Drink that has alcohol in it. You can purchase it at the market and it's delicious!

I think a good activity is the circle island tour. Also, if you're only going to Moorea, do a shark/ray wathing with snorkeling.

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    Allo Pizza was there when we visited last Nov.  I didn't care for it, but my DH enjoyed it.

We rented a car one day and stopped at Snack Mahana.  Cute little place with just outdoor seating in someone's backyard right on the water.  Delicious and reasonably priced.

If you are staying at the Hillton, the Lilikoi Garden Cafe is a 2 minute walk from the hotel.  It's a lunch truck in someone's backyard, but we were able to get simple paninis that were delicious really cheap.  They also had free wifi.

Ditto Jells....we packed snacks in our suitcase and we rented the car the first day so we could stock up at the market.  Big bottles of water at the market were somewhere around $1 each.  The hotels will charge you an arm and a leg.  
  • Thank you for the tips!! We are staying at the INTERCONTINENTAL MOOREA RESORT& SPA. We will be staying in Tahiti for 1 night and then flying to Moorea the next day. There are so many things to do and not enough time to do it!! It's getting so close!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The intercontinental has a lot on their property so you should have lots to see and do. They are also about a 10 minute walk from some shops and restaurants!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards