Ohio-Cleveland

What time should everything start?

We are Picking out or venues and running into timing issues. Our top choice, the Cleveland botanical gardens and second choice, Holden Arboretum only offer ceremonies at specific times. For the Garden, we are limited to 2 pm or 6 pm. I think 2 pm is too early and out 150 out of town guests will be left wandering around Cleveland until the cocktail hour starts at the same location. 6pm is late, and I am scared that everything will go so fast that I won't have time to really enjoy everything. For the arboretum, they offer as early as 5:30, and out reception would be about 20 minutes away at a party center. (no outdoor receptions for us) Again, I am scared that the day will seem smashed into a few hours. What are you planning and what have you seen in the past that worked well? Any suggestions on timing?

Re: What time should everything start?

• Check wiith your reception hall to see what is the latest you can start your reception. Then figure out the travel time from each location, and how long you expect the ceremony to take.. Then figure out based on timing and what the reception hall will offer you, where you want to go from there.

Here's an thought, if you go with the Garden, is having a small post ceremony/pre-cocktail hour service after the ceremony at the Gardens an option? Nothing fancy, maybe some fruit & veggie trays & maybe a cheese platter & you can even skip the booze. This would help to fill in gap for guests.

I know gaps are not acceptable, but if it's unavoidable, one plus to the Gardens is they are located right next to the art musuem and natural history musuem, plus they have the beautiful gardens and butterfly garden indoors right there at the gardens. Your guests could easily walk to any of those location after the ceremony. Plus the art museum has free admission.

• What time do you want your reception to start and how long will your ceremony be?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards