Chit Chat

So glad I didn't over-invite!

I'm starting to think "don't over-invite" is some of the best wedding advice out there (perhaps second to "Never say IT'S MY DAY!"). RSVPs have been rolling in, and I've only had one decline so far. People who I never thought would have come are accepting, and we'll be able to accommodate them all comfortably. As always, thanks for the advice!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: So glad I didn't over-invite!

• I, too, have gotten very few declines. Glad you got good advice and that you heeded it! :)
  • Psychoangel2uPsychoangel2u member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2013
    This has become more and more of a concern of mine over the course of the past few weeks. I'm definitely guilty of boarding on 'over-inviting' under the assumption that a certain percentage typically decline. I'm coming to my senses though, and just in time for the invitations to go out! I've scaled my list down dramatically to try to get closer to the number that we're hoping to stick around. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

75 [Invited] 
    43image [Said yes!] 
    16image [Are missing out!]
     16image [Can't find the mailbox] 
    RSVP Date October 01
  • We're sending out our invites next month but I have been adamant about keeping the invites within the limit we set for ourselves. FI doesn't see it yet but when the numbers start coming in he'll understand why I was so stubborn about keeping the number where it was.
  • We've invited 128 for a venue that holds 150, so I'm hoping we'll be way under the max. I know most of my family and friends won't be able to make it from California, so I think we'll be hovering around 90-100, but regardless, we're prepared for all of them!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards