Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Help I'm new! Cabo wedding on a budget??

Hello! I am newly engaged (about two weeks to be exact!) and am in the beginning stages of wedding planning. We've been together 6 years and have always dreamed of a wedding in Cabo. We want to keep the guest list to under 50 people and we have a small budget. Well be paying for everything ourselves and my fiancé says he won't go a penny over 10k. Is a wedding for $10,000 in Cabo possible?? Help!

Re: Help I'm new! Cabo wedding on a budget??

• Options
    Hi and welcome!
    I am not sure if we have any Cabo brides but I believe a lot of the girls used Beach Bum Vacations.  You could also try scouting out a travel agent as well! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great! Thanks for the suggestion! We've started emailing different places already but it seems that all of the smaller more boutique hotel and spas are too expensive for us :(. I just really want that Mexico feel, I don't want to have a wedding at a large hotel that feels like any old beach.
  • Options
    I am with Amber I have heard brides say good things about Beach bum Vacations. I did a consult with them. If you go to their website you can fill out a questionnaire about your budget and how you invision things and they call you and get a feel of what you want and email suggestions!

Welcome ans congrats on your engagement! Is the 10k including your trips there or just the wedding part? Also another thing to decide is whether you will get legally married there or at the courthouse before you leave and have a symbolic wedding. If you get legally married in Cabo you'll want to check out the requirements to do so. Although I am sure Beach bum vacations could help you with that as well if you decide to talk to them! Def stick around and share all the juicy details!
    Anniversary
  • Options

Thank you Meg! I will definitely have to check out Beach Bum Vacations! I have plenty of time because we are not planning on getting married until 2015 as we need time to save up more money, are in the process of buying a house and I am going back to school this fall! We have A LOT going on to say the least, haha. I just want to start getting some ideas over the next few months.

The 10k will most likely include our trips there however my parents are paying for our honeymoon so if we decide to stay in Mexico for our honeymoon our plan tickets would be covered by them! and as far as getting legally married we will be doing that here (in Chicago) and having a symbolic ceremony in Cabo.

Thanks for all the advice!

• Options

Congratulations and welcome!  We had our wedding in Cancun, so obviously the prices can differ quite a bit from there to Cabo, but just as a point of reference, we had 40 people and were around $12K, which included absolutely everything, so we certainly could have had it at $10K by not splurging on a few things.  We also went with Beach Bum Vacations, and they were very helpful to narrow things down! 

Good luck. :) 

• Options
    I will definitely have to contact Beach Bum as it seems this is the way to go! We have contacted some other resorts but so far they are all out of our price range. :( looks like we may have to look into a larger hotel or chain to get a better price, hopefully beach bum vacations can help! What would you say you splurged on?? Thanks for the help!
  • Options

Latillo said:
     What would you say you splurged on?? Thanks for the help!

Random "splurges" on things that were totally worth every penny for us but that probably could have either been skipped or done in a cheaper way:

- Paying for the clothing of the wedding party (dresses for the ladies & pants & shirts for the guys)

- Gifts for the wedding party (not including clothes) ended up around $700, but we figured they were flying all the way to Mexico for us, so even that seemed kind of cheap. :)

- Room upgrade for the seven nights we were there

- Welcome cocktail party on the night before the wedding (but we didn't do a rehearsal or dinner, so that might not be a splurge if you're planning on paying for that already)

- Live webcam of the ceremony for our friends and family who couldn't make it and wanted to watch

- Wedding package that included things like fireworks at the ceremony, and while it was totally worth the money for what we got, we could have opted for a much cheaper package or even the complimentary one

- Lounge furniture at the reception

- Mariachi band to play for the first hour of the reception

- We kind of splurged on our invites (custom fake passports).

- We sent luggage tags to all of our guests a few weeks before the wedding with a note just thanking them and saying how excited we were.

I hope this helps a bit!  Plus, not that they were splurges so to speak, but the $12K total included absolutely everything from our passports to our airport cab rides to my hair trial here to luggage fees.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards