California-San Diego
Options

changing directions in our wedding venue hunt... need some help

Hi everyone...

So we were about to sign a contract with Bernard Heights Country Club.... its an amazing venue.... but we have decided to look at rentals where we can provide our own caterer.   My fiance's coworker owns a catering company and has offered us a discount since hes know my fiance for almost 10 years.  I am really not sure how to go about finding a place to rent that allows off site catering of our choice and alcohol. I am aware of marina village and the mission beach woman's club. We are thinking between 115-130 guest.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks! :) Happy Monday Everyone!

Re: changing directions in our wedding venue hunt... need some help

• Options
    I considered that route for a while; Marina Village and Mission Beach Woman's Club were the "best" of those types of venues. There is also the Darlington House, Martin Johnson House, another house in La Jolla owned by UCSD, La Jolla Woman's Club, La Jolla Bridge Club. There are a few more I can't remember, that all seemed to have "house" or "club" in the name.

Personally, we were seriously considering Heritage Park. They have some regulations about amplified music, you must leave at sunset, and it is outdoors, but it is GORGEOUS, fun, and only $900 for the day. They do have outlets around the gazebo area.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the help!  where is Heritage park?

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    In Old Town, kind of on the hill above the main drag.
  • Options
    ohh yes... i know where that is... where did you decide to have your wedding?

• Options
    There is the Thursday Club (http://www.thethursdayclub.org). I also went to a wedding at Scripps Forum which was amazing, (https://scripps.ucsd.edu/About/Venue_Rentals/Scripps_Forum)
  • Options
    Thanks for the help! have you gotten married yet? If not, whens the big day?
  • Options
    My wedding will be September 28!!! It's sneaking up on me :) 
  • Options
    yes! it will be exciting! we are thinking 9/27/14....where did you end up deciding to do it out?

• Options
    We ended up signing with Twin Oaks golf course. I also checked out Bernardo Heights, they are a great value.

Good luck with the hunt! I considered going with a catering company, but I actually had a hard time getting quotes, and the quotes I did get were pretty pricey. It wasnt going to be much of a savings for me, its awesome you have connections with a catering company.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards