Luxury Weddings
Options

Wedding insurance

Did you get it/are you getting it?

I'm thinking it might be good to have because venue contract makes me liable if any of my guests cause damage to the property.  Not that I am anticipating my guests wrecking the place, but you never know what might happen.

Re: Wedding insurance

• Options
    I did for my first wedding. With the amount of money that was spent on it, I felt that the cost of purchasing the insurance was in the noise and worth having a little extra peace of mind.

• Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Nope.

But my venue doesn't have any clauses like that in our contract...and well, even if there is a blizzard, I'm getting married that day at my venue in my dress with just my very closest friends and family around us.

I am getting honeymoon insurance though...just in case there are any weather issues, etc.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been debating back and forth over this. I can't decide if it's worth it or not. I'll probably call my insurance agent and see what they think (we have a pretty good relationship so I don't think they would sell it to me if I didn't need it).
  • Options
    I've heard it's not that expensive, maybe like $200, so kind of a drop in the bucket in the scheme of a wedding.  It should also cover costs of lost deposits etc in case of cancellation due to severe weather.  If anyone has worked with any good companies for this type of insurance, please let me know.
  • Options
    I bought mine from WedSafe. It was like $300-$400 or something, but that was back in 2003.  I just looked on their website and the levels are completely different from what I remember. What I probably purchased was more in the $500-$600 range now.

• Options
    Thanks @Jells2dot0  I checked out that company and it looks like I could get what I want for $300-$400.  It even covers "professional counseling" for emotional distress if your wedding is cancelled!  Lol.

"If You or the Honoree suffers emotional stress following cancellation or Postponement of the Event, as covered under this policy, We will indemnify You, 
    in excess of the Deductible, for professional counseling, as recommended by a medical physician, up to one (1) year following the date of the Event."
  • Options
    Thanks @Jells2dot0  I checked out that company and it looks like I could get what I want for $300-$400.  It even covers "professional counseling" for emotional distress if your wedding is cancelled!  Lol.

"If You or the Honoree suffers emotional stress following cancellation or Postponement of the Event, as covered under this policy, We will indemnify You, 
    in excess of the Deductible, for professional counseling, as recommended by a medical physician, up to one (1) year following the date of the Event."

Ha!

• Options
    I have not, and I don't think we're going to. It sounds like a good idea, but I just don't know if it's something we need.  Here's hoping that everything goes exactly as planned....
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options

Well you never can be too safe, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hadn't thought about it but it seems like something to at bring up to FI.

Anniversary

• Options
    I am actually also seriously considering getting wedding insurance. With the amount of money spent and the time of year (Winter Wedding), I just feel like this could just give me that peace of mind I may need. Good Idea?
  • Options
    It's probably a good idea for a winter wedding.
  • Options
    I didn't even know wedding insurance existed when we were planning our wedding.  I'm not sure if I would've bought it though even if I did know about it then.  We did lose some money due to postponed wedding because of Hurricane Sandy and were just fortunate to not lose even more since acts of god were not covered in most of our contracts.  Knowing what I know now.....I'd definitely purchase it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards