Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

some of you guys are famous

cruffinocruffino member
First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
edited July 2013 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
i was flipping through the new issue of the knot magazine yesterday (yes, i admit having a problem. i keep reading wedding magazines). on one of the advice pages, they posted answers from this message board and i recognized alot of your screen names. 

did the knot people request your permission or is that one of the disclaimers when one joins the website?

eta: spelling

Re: some of you guys are famous

• Options
    cruffino said:
    i was flipping through the new issue of the knot magazine yesterday (yes, i admit having a problem. i keep reading wedding magazines). on one of the advice pages, they posted answers from this message board and i recognized alot of your screen names. 

did the knot people request your permission or is that one of the disclaimers when one joins the website?

eta: spelling
    It's probably in the terms and conditions for having an account on TK.
  • Options
    the magazine is at home and it was a handful of folks. the only ones i remember offhand are stagemanager and liatris.
  • Options
    cruffino said:
    the magazine is at home and it was a handful of folks. the only ones i remember offhand are stagemanager and liatris.

Damn!  I wanna be famous toooooo
  • Options
    Who is it?!?! I wanna be famous!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

what issue is it! I might have to go pick it up just for that!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I want to see what they published. Especially since the KGs don't seem to like some of the advice around here.
  • Options

Sweet mercy, I'm looking at this when I get home -- I'm pretty sure they randomly sent me an issue of their magazine a couple of weeks ago.

• Options
    i was browsing it after work and don't even remember the nature of the question. my only thought is that the advice was sound. its the fall/winter edition of the knot magazine for NYC. 
  • Options
    @stage: it's the regional edition for NYC. i hope the etiquette section is the same in all places, not sure where you're located. fall/winter edition. 

@coopergirl: i'll fully admit to following that trainwreck of a thread long enough to remember the spelling. kept my mind off work yesterday.
  • Options
    cruffino said:

But wait!  Weren't you on the news and showing up in random people's fb feeds and stuff?  :)
  • Options
    Hmmmmmmmm so should I go buy a regular TK mag and the regional PA one?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    cruffino said:
    Hmmmmmmmm so should I go buy a regular TK mag and the regional PA one?
    i buy f'n wedding magazines constantly. i have piles of them. i feel like such a sucker because 95% of them is just straight advertising and the other 5% i could get from the internet for free. but i can't stop myself from all the pretty pictures....
    Me too!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I was going to post this exact same thing! Hold on I'll go grab my magazine and post the specifics...

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• Options

Oh there's another one! Page 50 from The Knot Boston.

Secrets from Real Brides

"Book your venue first and see what kind of decoration you really need." - StageManager14

"While the parents would normally pay for the flower girl's or ring bearer's attire, ask them privately about their budget. It is also fine to say, "Little Susie can wear any blue dress and little Johnny can wear any white shirt and black pants." That way, the parents can shop anywhere, based on their budget." - itzMS

"There really [such a thing as] shopping too much, and that can easily get you confused and overwhelmed. In my opinion, meeting with three to four florists is plenty and should give you some variety. Keep in mind that floral prices are regional. So while the actual cost of flowers probably won't change, what your florist can do within your budget will vary." - Maggie0829

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• Options
    You girls made it to the big leagues!!

• Options
    LMc0322 said:

You mean I wasn't included? WHAT?! But I am the author of words of wisdom such as:

"Your friend sounds like a real twat"

"JUST GO TO THE FUCKING WEDDING."

and "....Santa isn't real?"

I just sprayed tea on mu monitor, thanks a lot!!!!

OK, now I have to get the PA edition and see if the same quotes or different ones are there. . . and ZOMG will you all sign my TK mag?! O.o

• Options
    Wow, I'm quoted TWICE?  

Oh no, the End Times will be upon us when TK quotes Linger in a national publication :-P

I hope they pick a good one, too!

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

DH is going to laugh so hard when I tell him this...

• Options
    I was quoted?? Whoa. I think there's a typo, too lol.
  • Options
    I can't believe some of our GIFs weren't even mentioned.

I mean WTF?  We put a lot of thought into choosing an appropriate, animated response, ya know?
  • Options
    cruffino said:

But wait!  Weren't you on the news and showing up in random people's fb feeds and stuff?  :)
    LOL, ok. yeah... I was.
  • Options
    rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    I feel honored to be in the presence of such fame! :)  Maybe someday I'll say something smart and get published, too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards