Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bridal Shower Thank You Notes

I have three questions re: thank you notes for a bridal shower.  

1. Do I send thank you notes to those who attended but did not give a gift.  I assume the answer is yes, but I wanted to verify. 

2. Do I address the thank you only to the members of the family who were invited to the shower, or all members.  For example, if I invite my Aunt Maggie, do I address the thank you to her and her husband?  My assumption is that you send the thank you to the same addressees to whom the invite was sent, but we all knows what happens when you assume.   

3. Is the thank you from me (as it was my shower) or my fiancé and me (as the gift is for both of us)? Should we both sign it?

Thanks for any guidance!   

Re: Bridal Shower Thank You Notes

• Options
    jdblnn said:

I have three questions re: thank you notes for a bridal shower.  

1. Do I send thank you notes to those who attended but did not give a gift.  I assume the answer is yes, but I wanted to verify. No, I thanked them for the gift

2. Do I address the thank you only to the members of the family who were invited to the shower, or all members.  For example, if I invite my Aunt Maggie, do I address the thank you to her and her husband?  My assumption is that you send the thank you to the same addressees to whom the invite was sent, but we all knows what happens when you assume.   Who's name was on the card?

3. Is the thank you from me (as it was my shower) or my fiancé and me (as the gift is for both of us)? Should we both sign it? I signed just me, because I wrote it.

Thanks for any guidance!   

• Options
    Good questions! My shower is in a handful of weeks and I was just thinking about some of those myself!  :)  Thanks for doing the asking!
  • Options

1. Do I send thank you notes to those who attended but did not give a gift.  I assume the answer is yes, but I wanted to verify. Sorry, didn't have this situation so I'm not sure

2. Do I address the thank you only to the members of the family who were invited to the shower, or all members.  For example, if I invite my Aunt Maggie, do I address the thank you to her and her husband?  My assumption is that you send the thank you to the same addressees to whom the invite was sent, but we all knows what happens when you assume.   I would say you only need to address the thank you to the person invited to the shower, unless on the card it has the names of other family members

3. Is the thank you from me (as it was my shower) or my fiancé and me (as the gift is for both of us)? Should we both sign it? I just signed by name since the shower was thrown for me, not  me & him. But if the gift was something that he happened to put on the registry (we did all our registries togther) I would make a comment about how happy he was to see that we got that item.

• Options

1. Do I send thank you notes to those who attended but did not give a gift.  I assume the answer is yes, but I wanted to verify. I did not encounter this at all. My guess would be yes for a thank you, they at least took time to attend the shower

2. Do I address the thank you only to the members of the family who were invited to the shower, or all members.  For example, if I invite my Aunt Maggie, do I address the thank you to her and her husband?  My assumption is that you send the thank you to the same addressees to whom the invite was sent, but we all knows what happens when you assume.  I addressed the ones who were invited. 

3. Is the thank you from me (as it was my shower) or my fiancé and me (as the gift is for both of us)? Should we both sign it? For the majority of everyone, I signed it for myself as I wrote the note. But when it was closer, immediate family, I signed it both mine and my fiance's name. Because I also thanked them for their love and support, and everything they have done with the wedding thus far. So basically those thank yous came from the both us:) 

Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards