Attire & Accessories Forum

Should I spring for Jimmy Choos?

I'm having a huge dilemma....I really want a pair of Jimmy Choo Nova shoes for my dress.  I just can't decide if I can bring myself to spend almost $700 on a pair of shoes.  These are the shoe:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446374981&R=448823427282&P_name=Jimmy+Choo&sid=1403060E2470&Ntt=jimmy+choo+nova&N=0&bmUID=k0MYSd9

I bought these instead:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/enzo-angiolini-demario-pump-nordstrom-exclusive/3422283?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=184&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_1_C

Could someone help me decide?  I am so hung up on the Novas that it is ridiculous.

Thanks!!!

Re: Should I spring for Jimmy Choos?

• I'm having a huge dilemma....I really want a pair of Jimmy Choo Nova shoes for my dress.  I just can't decide if I can bring myself to spend almost $700 on a pair of shoes.  These are the shoe:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446374981&R=448823427282&P_name=Jimmy+Choo&sid=1403060E2470&Ntt=jimmy+choo+nova&N=0&bmUID=k0MYSd9

I bought these instead:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/enzo-angiolini-demario-pump-nordstrom-exclusive/3422283?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=184&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_1_C

Could someone help me decide?  I am so hung up on the Novas that it is ridiculous.

Thanks!!!

Wow that is a huge price difference. I would not. $700 shoes are not in the budget for me.
  • I'm of the opinion that if you don't wear high-end designer shoes on a regular basis, it's really silly to buy them for your wedding.  Few people will even notice and even fewer will care.

I can think of a heck of a lot more things I'd do with $700 for our wedding than buying Jimmy Choo's. Booze upgrade, flower upgrades, late-night snack, etc.

• I would suggest thinking about WHY you want the Jimmy Choos so bad.  Is it simply because they're Jimmy Choos? Or because you can't find ANYTHING else you like (you obviopulsy have if you bought another pair), they're super comfortable, AND they're in your budget? I don't know what your budget is, but if you can afford them and love them that much go for it; I'm sure you'll wear them again.  For me, they'd be out of the question even if they made me feel like I was walking on clouds; I probably wouldn't spend that kind of money even if it was in my budget.  I'd rather put it towards something the guests can enjoy, like @PDKH said.  
  • If you are buying them so you can say "I wore Jimmy Chooooooooooss!!!! "  then, no, I wouldn't drop that money on them.  But, if you are buying them because they are the most fabulous shoes you have seen, and you really want them, then sure, buy them.

I will say, I saw a similar pair of Steve Maddens (I think) for about $60.00 bucks at DSW a couple of weeks ago.  Those Jimmy Choos aren't that fabulous, in my opinion. They are nice, don't get me wrong. I like them, but not $700.00 nice.

• If you are buying them so you can say "I wore Jimmy Chooooooooooss!!!! "  then, no, I wouldn't drop that money on them.  But, if you are buying them because they are the most fabulous shoes you have seen, and you really want them, then sure, buy them.

I will say, I saw a similar pair of Steve Maddens (I think) for about $60.00 bucks at DSW a couple of weeks ago.  Those Jimmy Choos aren't that fabulous, in my opinion. They are nice, don't get me wrong. I like them, but not $700.00 nice.

Thank you. I wanted to say this too. That pair almost looks like something you could pick up at DSW or Payless even. I like the look of the other pair MUCH better.
  • The JC's remind me of these:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/bandolino+kastle+platform+sandal?prodId=270385&productRef=SEARCH

It's a darker silver, but I don't think the JC's are any more fabulous than these.

The bridesmaids in my wedding wore shoes almost identical to these except they were ninewest
  • mcda04mcda04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I have to agree with queerfemme; I don't think the Jimmy Choo's are worth $600+. I found these on DSW that are very similar.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/lulu+townsend+nightout+croc+pump?prodId=dsw12prod4440005&productRef=SEARCH

I agree with Queerfemme. Buy the shoes if you MUST have them, but there are gorgeous shoes for less :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It seems like Jimmy Choos are the new wedding must have. But paying $700 on a shoe that you will only wear once is the very definition of extravagant. Buy a pair of shoes that is comfortable first, pretty second. And other than a silly photo like this:

No one will know whose shoes you are wearing.
  • I vote skip the Jimmy Choos, in that color & style, how often would you be able to wear them again after your wedding. I only spent $70.00 on my wedding shoes and I regret that because they were satin bridal shoes that I'll never wear again. At least if you go with the $60.00 ones, if you only wear them once or twice a year, it won't be as big of a hit.

Unless you do photos of your shoes, or wear a shorter style dress, people won't even realize what shoe's you are wearing. Save the money & spend it on your honeymoon or a pre-wedding massage

• SBmini said:
    It seems like Jimmy Choos are the new wedding must have. But paying $700 on a shoe that you will only wear once is the very definition of extravagant. Buy a pair of shoes that is comfortable first, pretty second. And other than a silly photo like this:

No one will know whose shoes you are wearing.
    I find photos like this really obnoxious.  If you want designer shoes because they are fabulous and you have the budget, go ahead, but flashing the label like this to put in your wedding album etc. is pretty tasteless IMHO.  I am looking at photographers right now, and one photographer has a photo like this for every single wedding on his blog.  I crossed him off the list.
  • I will say that I sprung for a pair of Kate spades for the wedding. But I saw them 3 years ago and even though I wasn't engaged, knew I wanted to have them for my wedding. I saved and waited for a 25% off sale and they were about a 1/3 of the cost of those Jimmy Choos.

I wouldn't buy those.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited July 2013
    I have to say I agree with the above commenters. I personally would spend MAYBE 150 on shoes, and the other 550 on honeymoon upgrades :) 

I think, buy the look alike instead. If you've gotta spend 700 on authentic Jimmy Choos though, pick the most incredible, badass, blinged out, statement Choos you can get your hands on and rock them over and over again.
  • My attitude is that if you feel you absolutely have to spend tons of money on any high-end designer product, it better actually look like something you had to spend tons of money on to get.

In your case, there are thousands of silvery peep-toe pumps out there that don't cost $700. I guarantee you that most people would take one look at those JCs and think "Oh, I saw the same thing at Target/Kohl's/Payless/Other Totally Generic Store That Most People Can Afford To Shop At just last week!"

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• All good points, ladies.  Thank you very much for the advice.  I think I really needed to hear it from fellow brides.  I agree that those JC's are a little plain (and really can't afford the fancier ones).  I had thought about treating myself, but I have never bought anything that extravagent in my life.  I am really glad you all mentioned the honeymoon and spending on the guests.  It is easy to get caught up in the "must-haves" and I was losing sight of the important parts of the wedding.  No one will see them, and I really don't want the picture of the shoe brand blasted all over.  I am sticking with the cheaper ones....and might also look at the other options you posted!  Thank you!!!!
  • If you find yourself still thinking about the Jimmy Choos (and know you'll wear them later as well), check out ebay. I bought 2 pairs of Louboutins for half off. Granted, they're used, but I love them! If you go this route, make sure the seller isn't out of China and has good reviews. Also have a good, high end cobbler who will verify that they are authentic. Ebay has a protection policy in case you do get knock offs - I think it's a 45 day window, but you'd have to double check that.
  • I also wouldn't buy them, because I couldn't stomach spending that much on shoes, unless they were a perfect pair that I could wear a million times over years and years.

I got a pair of Badgley Mischkas (sp?) that look a lot like those. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I tried the ones you got from nordies and I loved them! Keep them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the ones you bought! Very pretty! I would keep them and save yourself $600!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought a pair of JCs for my wedding. Not those, but a bright blue sparkly pair that were on sale at Nordstroms. I tried them on in the store, and fell in love them. I knew I wanted bright sparkly shoes, and these fit great, and were just what I was looking for. Yes, I splurged on my JCs. But, I had the budget for it. So I don't regret my decision. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards