Getting in Shape

Easy ways to lose weight without diet or a gym

I want to lose weight for my wedding which is in a year, however our engagement pictures are in two months! I work a lot and take care of two households so working out is often times hard to fit into my schedule. Does anyone have any easy workouts that they KNOW will work and have seen results?
I want to tone my back and arms, lose belly, butt and thigh fat, and firm everything! My main area to lose weight for the wedding itself is my butt and thighs so I fit better in my dress. However for our engagement pictures I want to lose the weight on my back, arms and belly. 
*I can not run and can barely jog due to injuries to both of my achilies tendons and ankles*

Re: Easy ways to lose weight without diet or a gym

• Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2013

Edit, I misread gym for exercise.  Let me start over. You don't need to 'diet,' but eating healthy and monitoring what you eat is essential.

As for workouts, you can do plenty at home, with investing in some light weights, or even without.  Check out the thread below about the EA sports, as we suggested some at home workout ideas in there.

Sadly, you cannot spot reduce, but with a healthy food plan and a mix of cardio and weights, those areas are likely to see some improvement.

Anniversary
  • I agree with Lobsters!
    Also, diet is what you eat. If you track what you're eating and make small tweaks here and there then you will start seeing some results.
    I can't run or jog either without being in pain. But I walk everywhere.
    Do you have a pet you can take for long walks?
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• jdblnnjdblnn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Agreed with all of the above.  You have to find the time to workout and eat right ALL the time.  I've been doing the Insanity program.  I've lost a few inches around my waist which is great.  It's a good at home workout.  It's not easy, and I still can't finish it all the way through but I feel great and have progressed.  
  • Layla1212 said:
    I want to lose weight for my wedding which is in a year, however our engagement pictures are in two months! I work a lot and take care of two households so working out is often times hard to fit into my schedule. Does anyone have any easy workouts that they KNOW will work and have seen results?
    I want to tone my back and arms, lose belly, butt and thigh fat, and firm everything! My main area to lose weight for the wedding itself is my butt and thighs so I fit better in my dress. However for our engagement pictures I want to lose the weight on my back, arms and belly. 
    *I can not run and can barely jog due to injuries to both of my achilies tendons and ankles*
    I feel like you want your entire body toned. I would suggest swimming, it's a full body work out and low impact. Also if you can make time to walk or something. I am at the end of my lunch break right now. I normally take 45 min, I ate a quick bite, and then went out and walked 1.6 miles and will get back to work in 5 min. Today is my first day of doing this. You don't have to walk far, take coffee breaks, walk to a further restroom while at work. Also watch what you eat. If you have time, track your food on MyFitnesspal, that will help a lot. For example, I was meeting my caloric goals almost everyday, except for the handful of trail mix I was eating after dinner, that 150 calories every night added up, I finished the container and haven't bought more.
  • This only works if you make it a lifestyle change, but have you tried the low-carb diet?

I lost 20 pounds the first 2 months on it. HOWEVER, if you eat carbs you gain it right back. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AllieBear725AllieBear725 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    Swimming is also great if you have bad joints or have a hard time working out in general. Even just running laps in the pool will get your heart pumping and calories burning. It's much more pleasant than running a track or treadmill for me. 

ETA: Spelling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A great website that I use for workouts is hasfit.com.  All of their workouts are on youtube, and there is a ton of them!  They're all short and intense.  There is cardio, weights, abs, everything.  All you need is some dumbbells. 
  • I walk my dog twice a day for 1/2 hr each walk. I started to "eat clean" and eat every 3 hours and dropped 15 lbs in 8 weeks. A weekday menu would be:

Bkfst: protein shake, Snack: cheese stick or hard boiled egg, Lunch: salad with chicken & apple & nuts, Snack: non-fat greek yogurt with cinnamon & a little Agave nectar, Dinner: chicken/pork/lean beef, veggies and small sweet or white potato, Snack: celery & 1 tbsp. almond butter.

I cut out all processed & pre-packaged foods. There's lot of good clean eating recipes online

• check out Jillian Michaels dvd's, she has some 20 minute workouts that are really good
  • I saw your post and wanted to share with you what I am doing to lose weight. I noticed you have injuries that prohibit you from strenuous exercise and I understand 100% I have a bad knee from a few motorcycle wrecks and ACL surgery during my soccer days. That Old injury still plagued me especially when it was cold! I sower I was 90 with Arthritis! Any ways I had my wedding back in march of 2012 and I was 225 then. I thought it was a bad dream when I tried on my dress the week before the wedding and it wouldn't zip!! I was mortified! Did that really happen to me!? 

Anyways so my wedding and honeymoon were not what I wanted them to be although I married the love of my life I don't know that I was happy because of the disgust I had for myself. Looking at those pictures confirmed my feelings too!
    My SIL introduced me to a product devoted specifically for health wellness and weight loss a few months ago and I have never been a believer. But this product sounded flawless! I still wasn't sold so I made my husband (her baby brother) try it first! 

I have been on it for 3 weeks and have lost 18 pounds and 10 inches with no diet and no exercise. It fits my life style really well and It isn't a meal replacement and it gives me lots of energy so I don't need a nap at 2 in the afternoon.It has also helped with my allergies and my bad knee! It doesn't hurt anymore i know it isn't cold yet but I don't feel any aches at all in it.
    It made me comfortable to know that if this stuff turned out to be a joke I had a 60 day Money back guarantee on it and I wouldn't be out any Money! So with my results I decided to start distributing it and learned even more and have made way more money in the last couple of weeks than I ever thought I could selling anything. It makes me want to take my full time job down to part-time. If you want to know more just let me know. Here is the website too if you want to read about it. www.Plexusslim.com/CourtneyAshpaugh

If you dont want to try this then I really hope you find something that works for you.
    This sounds a lot like spam. Also, I would advise against using your true full name online. I found you on Facebook really easily.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • Try bodyrock.tv or dailyhiit. They are intense at home 20 minuteish workouts. You might have to modify some of the jumping around but you'll still get a strenuous workout in. 

A lot of people like Jillian Michaels' videos too, like 30 day shred (I think ripped in 30 is a little better). Each workout is about 30 minutes including warm up and cool down and it's a good general start to fitness. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards