Honeymoon Discussions

panama city, florida

We are using someone's timeshare in panama city, floriday and we are right on the beach. Do you guys have any suggestions of things to do or places to eat or see down there?

Re: panama city, florida

• Eh. It's a tourist trap that caters to college kids and families with kids so when we went we didn't find anything that blew our mind in terms of food or entertainment. 
     Ripley's Believe it Or Not and Wonderworks are right across the street from each other so I know most people do both in a day. It's also just a brief walk to the beach from there. 
    Your best bet is to just rent a couple SUPs and live on the beach while you're there. You wont find much snorkling or anything. 

Foodwise I'm a little useless because I'm vegan. Most nonvegan places are all the same to me. Fries and salad. :P lol but

Rum Runners is kind of an "it" place to go at least once. 
    Bayou on the Beach Cafe I have heard good things about
    Dusty's had good drinks 

Keep in mind that there is a difference between Panama City and Panama City Beach. If you're at the Beach then you will probably be right on the beach and just walk and wander up to places to try out. If you're in Panama City, you will have to dr
  • Panama City Beach USED to have a bad rep. But they have really cleaned up the area... We are down on this area a bunch.... Including the 30 A Seaside bad Seagrove beaches!!!! The beaches are awesome ..... White white sand like sugar and mostly clear water. The west end of PCB is the least crowded.... The Boardwalk is over there with lots of restaurants and the pier. So if you are into fishing you can go there or there are charters for deep sea. Also in the area you can rent wind surfers, paddle boards, ect....... We like the restaurant Captain Anderson's at the marina on Thomas dr for seafood ..... It's a quick drive west to Destin for tons of other choices.... We like Backporch.... Our favorite area is Seagrove/ Seaside .... Pretty area where some movies have been filmed ... At Seaside... bud and Alleys is a fav ESP at sunset for a drink.... At Grayton Beach we love Red Bar restaurant and bar... Yummy and a block walk to a spectacular beach where love to sit and watch the sunset... Great for pics..... 30 A may seem far but it's a quick 20 min.... Yes there is not tons of bars and fluff to do but a wonderful place to download and r/ r after your wedding!!! Think you'll be pleasantly surprised..... Ask on the Ga page about PCB/ 30 A and I'm sure you can get more ideas for restaurants ect
  • My husband's grandparents own a house in Carillon Beach, which is a little bit west of PCB. We ate a couple times at Saltwater Grill & it was good. You also have to go to the Broken Egg Cafe for breakfast. There is a new outdoor mall thing that was built a few years ago & has added a ton more since we were last down there (3 years ago). The Spicy Noodle has good pizza too. Destin & Seaside are also nearby (maybe 45-60 min??) and are cute beach towns. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we are going to panama city beach.. i didn't realize there was a difference 
  • So you will be right on the water, which is good! I agree about the Broken Egg Cafe as well. The mall is VERY nice (we were just there earlier this year) but of course it has all the same stuff you would probably have at your hometown mall. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards