Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Second (and last?) site visit

Hello ladies! Hope you've all been doing well. Again, apologies for my prolonged absences, but to keep it brief we're moving and it's crazy. I do check back when I can, and congrats to those recently engaged/wed/photographed/featured!

So, after having made a couple of major preliminary bookings, FI and I are heading back to Dublin for a site visit. It'll be his first and my second (wedding trip that is, not to the city in general), and most probably our last chance to go before the wedding next year. We'll definitely be doing a menu tasting and engagement shoot with our wedding photog, but we still have some time available, so I'd love to hear your thoughts. What did you do on your site visits, if you had them, or what do you wish you could/would have done? Are there any people that we absolutely need to meet with, or things we really ought to see in person?

Thanks a million gals!

Re: Second (and last?) site visit

• Options
    Exciting!

I'm still in the planning stages and we made our first site visit a couple weeks ago and will be having a second later this fall (we know a tasting is definitely on the agenda for that).

That being said, other things I'm thinking about:
    --Meeting with the florist
    --Photog (which you already mentioned)
    --Asking the venue to see their linens, place settings, etc to see if there is anything extra I need to add (runner? chargers? etc)
    --Checking out some additional restaurants so we can make"things to try" recommendations to our guests
    --Scoping a restaurant for the "rehearsal"/welcome dinner (FMIL told us to just find someplace and they will do/pay for whatever)--this is going to be a casual event so want to find someplace fun, good food, good vibe

• Options
    Thanks, I hadn't thought of the last three at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards