Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Budget Idiot

Does anyone have any sample budgets they would be willing to share? I am just totally confused/overwhelmed/clueless about what should be spent on what? What is "normal?" vs "you are getting ripped off." We don't have a budget in mind yet, but spending $30grand on a party just seems kinda crazy to me. Am I the only one? Anyone willing to share their spreadsheets? 

Thanks!! 

Re: Budget Idiot

• I found the budget tool on wedding wire to be extremely useful.  I think when you set it up it'll ask you what you're total budget is and give a normal breakdown for each item based on the overall budget.
  • Call around to some venues you like and get an initial price per person - understand that usually doesn't include the additional tax and gratuity, so factor that in. Then call places like VFWs, legions, etc and see what the difference is. Look at your guest list and see what's doable. A lot of places offer more inclusive packages now (including cake, alcohol, etc - some include centerpieces), so take that into account when looking at price pp. Talk to some recent brides you know in your town and see what they spent (if they're willing to share). I've been to weddings that cost $7000 and were fantastic and weddings that cost $40k and were not so great. There really isn't a "normal" budget. It's about what you want, what you can afford to spend, and what you WANT to spend.
  • meh0429 said:
    There really isn't a "normal" budget. It's about what you want, what you can afford to spend, and what you WANT to spend.
    Agreed 100%. I'll also second WW and even TK's budget tools to get general ideas.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards