Not Engaged Yet

OLW

Dear Work,

I swear to god, I left one department to work for another that was "less stress". Now I'm back on pins and needles. Also it's bullshit when a healthcare corporation states that patient care is first because lately all I've been hearing is "revenue, revenue, revenue". It makes me not like my job even more than I don't like it now. I also think there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I just want to get there. I used to enjoy coming to work, now I just punch in, do my job and punch out. There's no joy anymore.

Fix that,

Me

--------------------------------------------------

Dear BF,

I'm sorry that I've been a bitch lately, I think it's the lack of carbs. But I'm better now and I appreciate all you do. Can't wait for our day-cation on Saturday. You're such a good fur-parent to Quigley and Buddy I don't know what I'd do without you. Also I appreciate the sacrifices that you're willing to make to make sure I'm happy. I'm on the fence about it, but I'm glad you'll support me either way. Annnnd I'm glad we re-visited the timeline talk since you threw me for a loop asking me when I was going to make an appt to get my IUD taken out. I'm glad we're communicating better than we ever have before!

Love,

Grammy

---------------------------------------------

Dear mom,

I haven't skyped with you because you said I looked like I was pregnant. I know you apologized, but your apologies have never been sincere when it has come to picking on people and their body image. It's bad enough that I'm trying really hard to lose weight and then you tell me that. Once I drop 20 lbs I'll skype with you again, so maybe this fall or winter.

Love,

Your daughter

------------------------------------------------------

Dear friends,

Stop being flakes, really, this is annoying. I'm tired of it. I can't wait until this wedding is over so I can throw in the towel on some of these friendships.

----------------------------------------------------

Dear body,

Get your ass in gear.

Me

---------------------------------------------------

Dear NEYers,

Thanks for being so supportive, I appreciate all that you do! You ladies make my shitty work day so so much better, you don't even know!

Buddysmom

--------------------------------------------------

Dear upcoming vacations,

Hurry up and get here! I can't wait to 1) drink all the wine 2) show BF my favorite city in the world (DC) and 3) see all the things in Europe.

Love,

Globetrotter

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: OLW

• dear @buddysmom80,

you seem totally stressed out.  HUGS!!

love,
    Coco
  • dear @laurenb09,

The Limited just put out some new fall styles (LINK) and discount codes!  check it out, gurrrrl!

love,
    Coco
  • Thanks @cocobellaf! I have been a little stressed out, but hopefully it'll pass! Work is just blowing my mind lately, we are seriously having a meeting in an hour about Kim Kardashian and HIPAA laws and how we have to make sure that HIPAA is never breached here just in case a VIP wanted to come here. I can't even....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Dear final exam,

I need a 94 on you to get an A in this class. I wasn't so sure I could do it, but I have studied my ass off for this and know my shit, and I am prepared to take you DOWN. So be afraid.

Sincerely,
    Nursing student who is totally motivated to be DONE WITH THIS CLASS

Dear BF,

A list of thank yous:
    • for taking me out to dinner last night and for enjoying all the unhealthy food with me,
    • for taking a walk with my afterward so I would feel less guilty about those western cheese fries,
    • for talking about feelings (even though you claim to not have any),
    • for staying up way past our bedtime to quiz me on all my notes and let me geek out about all my favorite pathologies,
    • for being the supreme snuggler of the universe,
    • for fixing my window so now all the little buggies can't get in,
    • and for killing the scary fast bug that was in the bathroom this morning. That was especially hot.
    You are wonderful and I love you. Thank you for everything you've done to help me get through this very busy summer. I can't wait to get away with you next week and have some fun just the two of us. <3

Love,
    Your GF

Dear spider just chillin' in my room,

You're an asswipe for being so far up on the wall that I can't reach you. You'd better stay there, because if you get any closer to me you'll feel the wrath of a colorful flip-flop.

No love,
    Amapola
  • edited July 2013
    @buddysmom80 -I'm jealous of all your upcoming vacations! I love DC too, it has been years since I visited but we used to live right outside of the city so while we lived there we got to see all the cool museums and monuments.

Dear work today,

Today is a big day because I will have a meeting with all my bosses about the changes being made within our company. They are all great changes and I hope this means that I will get some sort of notification on my promotion coming up this year whether that be a raise or being able to work from home. Gas sucks so I hope it's a home office more than the other.

Sincerely,
    Your employee

I love you and you're the best MOH/older sister/BFF ever!!! Your apartment situation blows and I hope they realize their wrong doings. Let's look forward to your housewarming party this weekend and how much fun we will have. You're the best big sister in the world! 

Love,
    Your little sister

Dear mother,

I'm very thankful for your honesty, even if it's not always what I want to hear. I appreciate you more than you realize.

Love,
    Your middle daughter

Dear FI,

You make me want to run up and down Mount Kilimanjaro 1000 times. You're so encouraging and loving. I'm soo lucky to have you and I can't wait to call you my husband in a few months. I'm sorry for the amount of things I've decided to pile up at your apartment to take to Goodwill this weekend. I know clutter makes you antsy (as it does me which is why I chose to leave the pile in your living room) and it will be gone soon. 

Love,
    Your FI

ETA: wording
  • @buddysmom80,
    YOU'RE COMING TO DC?? When? And how can I convince you to take 15S so we can meet for lunch/dinner/wine?

Tiger

========

DH,
    Give me sexytimes.

Mrs. Wildcat

========

Officle,
    Get warmer. It's effing cold in here and it's only 8:50a

Love,
    Lady who should leave a sweater at work at all times

========

Dear 20 year HS reunion,
    Please don't suck!

Love,
    Total nerd
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger,

We'll be down there October 4-6 (possibly 7th, I don't know yet). We're taking the train down, how far are you from DC? Or Metro access???? I would love to hang out with you!

Also do we work in the same office? I have a space heater on. In July. I can't even.....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Dear @buddysmom80
    WE NEED TO GTG WHEN YOU'RE IN DC!!!!!
    xoxo
    Beanbot2002
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @cu97tiger and @buddysmom80,

I'm with you in the space heater at work club!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013

Dear apartment complex and associated managers,

Fuck you for causing me so much stress and frustration for the past year. Until yesterday, I thought I was finally done with you. Again, fuck you.

Dear @southernpeach89,

Thanks little sis! You're the bestest little sis/bride-to-be/Commander in Chief of the bridal party ever! Make me some of your famous guacamole for the house warming party and that'll make me feel much better!

Love your big sis

Dear NEY,

Thanks for all your support yesterday! I hope I'm able to get this crap worked out swiftly and efficiently. Apartment life sucks...I hope I never have to deal with it again.

Love Me

Dear Puppy,

Stop peeing on the floor. You understand 'go potty' and you understand we are happy when you go outside so why don't you understand why it's bad to go inside? Also, stop jumping on me, on other people, and on things. Your little claws hurt and it's going to be way less cute when you're big.

Love your frustrated mommy

Dear BF,

I love you so much! I really hope this new job you've applied for works out. I'm tired of only seeing you on the weekends. I don't feel like I can do everything that needs to be done by myself anymore and I really need some more support. Plus I miss you oodles and I want more sexy times!

Love Me

• @lmhollister- I want all the guac right now.
  • Dear @beanbot2002, I absolutely want to! BF only wants to go to two museums in the whole city so we have plenty of time to do extra stuff, I'll keep you and @cu97tiger posted for a possible mini g2g!

@southernpeach89 please be careful with guac. I almost burned my back porch down since @swazzle found an awesome recipe for avocado stuffed burgers and I had to try it. Apparently guac + hamburger fat + leaving the grill on high heat = neighbors almost calling the fire department.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 sorry you are so stressed. I'm with you on the space heater mine is on right now too.

Dear FI,

Yay I'm so glad the patio will be done this week. I love it so much, you are beyond amazing.  I love you so much!!

Me

Dear job I applied for,

I really, really want this job, please call me this week for an interview.

Girl who really wants a new job

Dear self,

Please stop being so tired all the time, it's not fun. You need to work out more, no more excuses either!

Girl who needs more energy!!

Dear 4pm,

Please get here asap.

Girl who doesn't want to work at all today

Anniversary

• @buddysmom80- Eeek! I don't want to burn @lmhollister's new house down...maybe I'll just do regular guac without the hamburger fat and grill, even though that sounds amazing!
  • labrolabro member

@buddysmom80 Your BF is crazy. If I were in DC you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming out of the musuems and knock me out in order to get me home. I miss that city so much. Have a wonderful time!

I thought of some more things to add..

Dear Poison Ivy,

Get the fuck out of my yard and please get off my skin. I think the dog passed you on to me cause I sure as hell haven't been doing any work in the yard lately...

Dear pants I haven't worn in forever,

Cool, you fit! You know what's even cooler? You're actually kind of loose! You know what's not cool? Having to wear you in July because my office is frigid...

• Dear grad school,
    Fuck you. I've had it. Nothing I've done has worked in the last two years.
    No love,
    Just want to quit
    ---
    Dear DMV,
    Standing in line in bad-speakers-country-music-hell? Awesome. Finding out your ATM was broken? Even more awesome. Why are you the only government agency that won't take my credit card?
    No love.
    ---
    Dear PT Cruiser,
    So yesterday I spent 1.5 hours at the DMV renewing your registration and getting new tabs. Breaking down yesterday evening? Not cool.
    No love,
    Hated you from day 1
    ---
    Dear BF,
    This is a really rough patch. You can help improve it right now by not making my bad days worse. You've messed up two days in a row. You get another chance tonight.
    Love,
    GF
  • @buddysmom80
    Um perfect weekend to come because @flygirlmeg will be in town... WOOT! G2G with @jenjenniferf , @beanbot2002 and @peek!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Dear @keptinstiches

I can relate to the DMV situation and I'm sorry.  I waited for three days in a row (2 hours each time) at the SS Office to get a new SS card, because all my ID was stolen from me recently, and to get a new SS card printout for the DMV that they then said they wouldn't take to issue me a new state ID.  Fun times.

Minskat30

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear body,

Nothing fits...need to continue to ramp up this new diet/exercise program.

Sore body

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear FI,

I love you...that is all.

Your W

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Nightmares,

Why are you keeping me up all night? I'm already stressed about a ton of things right now.

Sleep deprived.

• Dear Coworkers,

Fuck off. 

----------

Dear H, 

I'm still annoyed with you but I'm really going to miss you this weekend. 

----------

Dear Bocce team,

Let's kick some serious ass tonight and remain undefeated!

• @minskat30 - Sucky.

The best part about the car breaking down is that it will be "a family controversy for years." 
    family controversy for years

BF was under the hood when it happened (he's a car guy) and we will never agree on the details. He'll say he exacerbated an existing problem, I will say he freaking broke the fill valve on the high pressure line of my A/C system. Either way, our approximate reactions were:
    Christmas Story Oh Fudge

Regardless, it's a problem he can't fix and now it has to go in to the shop. I picked the one his coworker's roommate owns - we've gone there before and they do good work. (He's gonna remember us so much, we brought in an older Camaro that needed an ERG valve ...)
  • @keptinstitches - Unbelievable (though hilarious gifs if I do say so).  :)
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Dear Committee Members, 

Get your shit together. How can I give you over 40 potential time slots over a whole month and not have a single overlapping 3 hours where you all are available? I'm looking at you, Dr. Lady who leaves work apparently at 4pm every day!

No love, 
    Old ass grad student who wants to ask permission to graduate

Dear Phone Interviewers Tomorrow, 

I am pretty terrified of you. I've never had to do one of these before and I have no idea what to expect. I didn't think I'd even get this far in the interview process. Please be nice. . . I want this fellowship like whoa!

Pretty please,
    Hopefully qualified

Dear Self, 

This is it - time to race to the finish. Get off your ass and finish the experiments you need to finish. Start writing. GO GO GO!

Swift kick in the pants, 
    Me
  • @cschiano - Good luck with the interviews tomorrow!  Is the fellowship here in Chi town?
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @mikskat30 - thank you! The fellowship is in Bethesda, MD. I am applying to one in Chicago too though. That application deadline is actually today, so I'll be hearing about it shortly, I hope. 
  • @cschiano - Fingers crossed for you!

@courtpenguin21 - I'm sorry you are worried about telling your mom.  Don't let it get to you if you can.  One of the first things my family said after was "You know we can't pay for anything, right?"  I wanted my response to be "I wasn't asking but thanks for the reminder" but held my tongue. :)  What can you do?  Like my family, I'm sure your mom will be proud and happy for you even if she doesn't express it how you would like her to.

• Dear future,

Please turn out okay. I will continue to do everything in my power to find the right job, just please do not make me wait too long. This year has been stressful enough.

Sincerely,
    Girl who just quit her job without having another one lined up.

------------------------------------

Dear kids in the backyard behind mine,

STFU. I love kids, but if you don't stop screeching like that and making my dog go crazy I may have to do something about it. You can play baseball without breaking the sound barrier, I swear.

Sincerely,
    Angry neighbor who's tired of yelling at her dog to be quiet when someone should be telling their kids to do so.

-------------------------------------------------------

Dear BF,

I know you are worried about your coworkers who may be let go, but you need to focus on YOU. It's not your fault that they don't pull their weight. What matters most is continuing to work as hard as you do so that you can finally get this raise they keep promising you.

Love,
    Me

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear body,

I don't know how you lost 4lbs without trying, but please keep it up. I will do my best not to stress-eat, and to work out a lot with all this free time.

Love,
    Finally feeling good about the way I look

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @cu97tiger if I could "love" that post a million times I would!!!!!!! Let's discuss this soon!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @KeptInStitches - I'm sorry you are having a tough time with grad school :( I've totally been there. I really just wanted to quit last fall.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Knot Gods,
    You seriously suck  -> http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/989105/i-m-being-banned/p1

No Love At All,
    A Very Unhappy Poster

Dear BF,
    I'm sorry you are going to have to take another year off of school. I promise that it will all work out in the end though.

Love,
    Your GF

• Dear @buddysmom80,

I'm sorry you're so stressed. Sending hugs and warm fuzzy thoughts.

Love,
    Stressed out Chica

Dear R,

I kinda pretty much like you. I don't know where we go from here, but I would like to have a conversation about it, but could you be the one to bring it up?? I suck at things like that. Please and thank you.

Love,
    R

Dear school,

Get your ish together. I'm tired of all the hoops.

No love,
    Chick that wants her damn degree already.

Dear roommate of the male persuasion,

You're a roommate, nothing more. Quit being creepy and acting like we are dating.

No love ,
    Roommate that doesn't know how to be any clearer
  • labrolabro member
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Knot Gods,
    You seriously suck  -> http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/989105/i-m-being-banned/p1

No Love At All,
    A Very Unhappy Poster

Wow.....that's just unbelievable and totally ridiculous. I guess I can't be surprised but still...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards