Connecticut
Options

Tent reception in October?

Hello Everyone, 

My fiance and I are getting married October 19th at Villa Bianca.  We are using the chapel for ceremony and then The Pavilion for the reception.  Ceremony is at 3 and cocktail hour will start at 4 then dinner and dancing from 5-10. Looked at last years sunrise/sunset times and sunset was at 5:30.  I am a bit concerned about weather and the pavilion.  Providing the day is a normal October day the nite will still get chilly.  The Pavilion has the drop down vinyl sides with the windows that you see in a lot of tents available for rent.  Coordinator there also said they have outdoor heaters that they bring out that help with chill as well.  My question is, has anyone in CT ever been to an October wedding that was held in a tent?  I've got to think some of us have.  Fall is a big time for weddings round here because of our beautiful trees.  Anyone had good experiences or bad?  Thanks for the input everyone. I've include pic of pavilion to see what I mean.  Also, any recommendations for wording on invitation to let people know to dress accordingly?

Re: Tent reception in October?

• Options
    I went to one just over the CT border in NY, it was the first weekend in October but they had no tent or heater so I was freezing. I think if you have a tent and heaters it would be fine, especially if its the beginning of october. How long is your ceremony?
  • Options
    I went to a ceremony that was outside, 2nd week in October...I nearly froze, heaters are a must. Good Luck!
  • Options
    I've been to one where there were heaters and it was fine.  Plus, if people are moving around, dancing, and having a good time, they'll probably be sweating anyway.  During dinner, however, might be a bit chilly, so maybe advise your guests to bring an extra, easy-to-remove layer just in case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards