Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Recently Engaged

Hey Knotties,

Just saying hello! Recently engaged (May 11th) and I finally have the opportunity to introduce myself here on these boards. My wedding date is pretty soon (Dec. 28th) and still have a bit of work still ahead of me (4 events, biggest with 450 guestlist) but fortunately major things are booked. Now all I need is a dress! I know I'm cutting it close but just wanted a stress free experience without worrying about changing my mind ;) I'll be shopping this weekend and I hope I find the one! 

I'm hoping the next few months will be less stress free and I can enjoy the process. I also look forward to sharing stories with my fellow knotties!

Re: Recently Engaged

• Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    Do NOT tell the truth about the wedding date to the gown people.  Push it up by a couple of weeks to make sure everything is done on time, with regard to alterations.  At this point, you will probably get a dress off the rack (but who cares, so long as you love it) that might need some alterations.  
    I lied about my daughter's date by one month and was thrilled that I did.  They had the gown for 5 months prior to the wedding and still would not have been on time.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I actually fell in love with the first dress that I saw at this expo. Should be ready in 45 days...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards