Snarky Brides

Is this area abandoned?

GlassButtonGlassButton member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited August 2013 in Snarky Brides
It just seems like everyone is gone.

Are any of the regs going to stay or do the few that did stay plan to leave as well?

Re: Is this area abandoned?

• A lot of them have been locked out of their accounts, so they can't post even if they want to.
  • Ditto Moonlight. Hopefully they get access soon. If they already have it back, I wouldn't be surprised if some are still boycotting due to the Linger/Stage/Gods banning issue. More info on the tech board. Pretty unfortunate. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I read about them being locked out but I wasn't sure since some said they were leaving before others even mentioned being locked out.
  • This was kind of Linger's board along with the regs who GBCK'd. So I would assume it will be slow to readjust...if at all.

I'm still going to stick around to provide advice to new posters in the interim.

• I keep waiting to see tumbleweeds roll through.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Just for you, @NerdyLucy:
    I can't see the image! :(

Tumbleweed gif
  • Weird, I see it ... twice in your post, @SimplyFated, and once in mine. Friday strikes the servers, I guess.
  • Weird, I see it ... twice in your post, @SimplyFated, and once in mine. Friday strikes the servers, I guess.
    Freakin bizarre.
  • NerdyLucyNerdyLucy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013

It's not showing up for me either, but I appreciate it anyway!

ETA:  No, it's there now. I can see it.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

• What does GBCK mean?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GBCK = Good bye cruel knot
  • Oh okay. Thanks--I'd seen it around with all the craziness over the last few days.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A lot of people are undecided right now because we're locked out of our accounts. No one is sure if it's really a glitch or if we were all given a three-day "cooling off" period. I think a lot of people, including myself, are waiting to see if we can get back into our accounts before we decide one way or the other.
  • This is a shame. Statemanager and LingerLonger always gave great advice. Was KnotPorscha or KnotJackie upset that they were more on top of things than they were? KnotPorscha didn't seem to have a clue regarding her job. Why was her board called Tech Help. It should have been called See the Sticky on Who to Call When You Have Problems With or Questions About Your Website.

Are the gods coming back?

Where is peledreamsofrain?

• Pele went over to the proboards. No clue where the KG's are because it's not 10-5 EDT M-F.
  • Sorry, but could someone explain what the "proboards" are?
  • allispain said:
    Sorry, but could someone explain what the "proboards" are?
    It's just another website with message boards.
  • This is a shame. Statemanager and LingerLonger always gave great advice. Was KnotPorscha or KnotJackie upset that they were more on top of things than they were? KnotPorscha didn't seem to have a clue regarding her job. Why was her board called Tech Help. It should have been called See the Sticky on Who to Call When You Have Problems With or Questions About Your Website.

Are the gods coming back?

Where is peledreamsofrain?

I don't think anyone ever doubted the quality of their advice. The KGs didn't like the manner in which it was doled out. Apparently people don't understand that blunt isn't equal to "mean". The moment someone said "Yeah, that idea is crap" people get all up in arms... which is annoying when they ask "Is this a bad idea?" in their OP.
  • I haven't made a firm decision yet about whether or not to stay or go, so my participation here will be minimal while I mull it over. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • allispain said:
    Sorry, but could someone explain what the "proboards" are?
    It's just another website with message boards.
    Thanks, MoonlightSilver!
  • AddieL73 said:
    I haven't made a firm decision yet about whether or not to stay or go, so my participation here will be minimal while I mull it over. 

Stay, please
  • MaryGraceRichMaryGraceRich member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
    Please stay Addie!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • I haven't been on in a few weeks and I usually just scroll through, but I loved Stage and Lingers response, as well as yours Addie.  I know I'll be lingering a little longer, 25 days to go, after that maybe not so much, but we will see.
  • Heh, I stop by my old account after years and see that the knot is much the same- periodically purging posters that aren't puking rainbows hither and tither.  The layout and color scheme of the forums is slightly different though, so there is that.
    "I think, therefore I waffle about aimlessly for long periods of time."
  • I lurked for awhile and had only just begun posting right before everything went haywire, but even I know that if you want Addie to stay, then you need to offer cake!
  • I love that you ladies know the way into my pants.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • This is what I get for not being around much... I clearly missed a lot. Can someone fill me in? Linger's gone?? =(
    Anniversary
  • This is what I get for not being around much... I clearly missed a lot. Can someone fill me in? Linger's gone?? =(
    They banned her because they felt like it. The same with Stage.

Even after the KGs solicited for advice on how to deal with forum problems on multiple occasions, they booted them because they didn't pretend they were from a candy factory with sugarcoated everything and didn't have rainbow diarrhea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards