Wisconsin
Options

Custom alterations for gown

Hi all,
I visited the Vera's House of Bridals outlet store in Janesville this past weekend and bought a dress! Of course since it's an outlet store, you can only buy whatever they have there. I bought a mermaid silhouette dress made of tulle (what I've been wanting!) for a great deal. Since it was at an outlet, though, I bought the size 18. I will need it taken in quite a bit since I'm a size 4-6ish. Also, there are design elements on this dress that I don't care for. There are other design elements that I've seen (IE: 3D tulle flowers) that I would like to be added to the dress.

So, I don't simply need it to fit me — I'm wanting to customize the dress.

Does anyone know of a good alterations person in/around southern/southeastern Wisconsin who would do specific custom alternations and creations? I found The Bridal Stop Shoppe online, north of Milwaukee. That's a drive for me since I'm in Janesville, but if they indeed do great work, then it would be worth the drive.

Thanks!

Re: Custom alterations for gown

• Options
    I can't help you with the name of anyone... but just an FYI, I have been told while dress shopping that it is not advised to take a dress in more than 2 sizes. You very well will end up with a dress that looks nothing like the original :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards