July 2014 Weddings
Options

Question On Catering

The venue that we booked has a caters kitchen and twelve 'prefered venders', but we can use whoever we want as long as they are liscensed and have insurance.  I've never dealt with a wedding that wasn't some place that didn't have an exclusive cater.  This is one of the things I love about the venue, we can choose whatever we want and shop around for quality/prices.  My question is we haven't had food from any of these places.  Should we be able to do the tasting prior to actually signing a contact with a company?  It seems like we should, but I don't know what the general rule would be?  I don't want to sign with a company and find out the food is horrible or something!

Re: Question On Catering

• Options
    Around here they charge for tastings unless you have a signed contract. But I agree with you, and I'd for a tasting pay rather than get awful food after the fact. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    kl1987 said:
    The venue that we booked has a caters kitchen and twelve 'prefered venders', but we can use whoever we want as long as they are liscensed and have insurance.  I've never dealt with a wedding that wasn't some place that didn't have an exclusive cater.  This is one of the things I love about the venue, we can choose whatever we want and shop around for quality/prices.  My question is we haven't had food from any of these places.  Should we be able to do the tasting prior to actually signing a contact with a company?  It seems like we should, but I don't know what the general rule would be?  I don't want to sign with a company and find out the food is horrible or something!

@kl1987

I am not sure where you're getting married but by me tastings are free. If they're not by you, I agree with @photokitty and would rather pay for a tasting to make sure food is good.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards