Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Looking for affordable wedding dress (under $800)

Hello, I figured it's time to start looking for a  wedding dress (had a baby 4 months ago) and lost all the baby weight :) now i'm looking for something affordable - the most I want to spend is $800. Is this possible? I don't want to compromise style and I'm aware there will be fitting adjustments. Anyone have any ideas in the Dallas, Denton Texas area? Carrollton, Lewisville, The Colony, Frisco and Coppell are good too. Thanks! Destination wedding is in Vegas( I think)?

Re: Looking for affordable wedding dress (under $800)

• Options
    Lewisville Bridal Boutique, Terry Costa, Anonymously Yours
  • Options
    Mockingbird Bridal dresses start at $450, I think.
    Anniversary

• Options
    When I went to Terry Costa, that weekend they were doing 20% off all wedding gowns. You may want to call and ask when they are doing that again, because it's somewhat frequent.

Does $800 include alterations?
  • Options

Yes if possible alterations included.

Thanks!

• Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Definitely go with Becky Fowler for your alterations.  She is by far the best and most affordable in DFW.
    Anniversary

• Options
    You might try Circle Park Bridal. They have a bunch of sample dresses for sale most of the time and they take impeccable care of the dresses (you have to clean your hands before you can even touch the dresses!). I know several of my friends have found their dresses there for under $600.
  • Options
    I am selling my Maggie Sottero  wedding dress:)
  • Options
    Just a note - Bridal Boutique in Lewisville dresses start at $1000. I saw that it was suggested.
  • Options
    I think Circle Park Bridal and Bridal Boutique may be out of your budget. My budget was 1,000 before alterations, and they only had a few sample dresses for me to try on. Normal alterations (nothing crazy) will probably be between 150-250 with Becky, and anywhere else will be much more expensive. I would definitely try Terry Costa on one of their sale weekends. Davids Bridal also has really great gowns.
  • Options
    I looked at bridal shops to see what styles I liked and then I looked online (here, oncewed, eBay, Craigslist, weddingwire, and other resale wedding places). I spent $500 and got a corset back so that I just needed minimal alterations. It is in beautiful condition and I saved 1,500 on my dress. It is a really good idea to look and see if you find anything. You never know until you look.
  • Options
    Check out sundaysbridal.com, that's where I got mine brand new under $400. I picked a few dresses from what I saw online and then told her the reference numbers and she had them ready when I got there. Location is in Keller. It's not a fancy bridal store but the owner is very nice and helpful! 
  • Options
    Sunday's Bridal! Bought a beautiful dress there for a great price...under $800! They're all discount priced. She sells the dresses out of her house for now but will be opening a store soon.
  • Options
    I went to Alfred Angelo!  The experience was much more enjoyable than David's Bridal.  I ended up getting my dress for wayy under budget there :) Good luck!
  • Options
    I actually just bought my dress from David's Bridal, it was one of the White by Vera Wang dresses and it was on sale for $600. Its absolutely gorgeous! I also had a really awesome consultant there, I think the experience at David's Bridal depends on which one you go to. The dress I got was just half of my budget so I was thrilled to get a beautiful dress for much less than I planned on spending :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards