Chit Chat
Options

country city mix

My fiance is country boy im city girl...we want to mix the 2 together. ..him n his guys r wearing regular cowboy stuff wranglers, boots, button up shirts n hats.....my girls n I r wearing regular dresses....how can we mix this so its still fun n still looks great...any ideas?

Re: country city mix

• Options
    First off, you can use proper spelling.

Secondly, what are you looking for? Like I know you want ideas, but WHAT KIND of ideas? Attire? Venue? Decor? Flowers? Favors?

I think that if the men are going to be wearing denim jeans, plain button up shirts and cowboy hats, it's going to be hard to mix in more urban elements. Do brown neutrals, have your girls wear cotton dresses (and if you want them to wear boots, YOU have to buy them), have wild flowers in mismatched vases.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    MayDay513MayDay513 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2013

MMeng79 said:
    My fiance is country boy im city girl...we want to mix the 2 together. ..him n his guys r wearing regular cowboy stuff wranglers, boots, button up shirts n hats.....my girls n I r wearing regular dresses....how can we mix this so its still fun n still looks great...any ideas?

• Options
    trying to read this is giving me a headache.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MMeng79 said:
    What?
  • Options
    I am going to a wedding like this on Thursday. I will let you know what I find. I personally think it is weird to have two completely different dress codes. I am assuming "regular" dresses, is typical bridesmaids stuff.

• Options
    MMeng79 said:
    What language is this?

• Options
    @Viczaesar This is what you might call "teenage grammar." It's used by people who either are young or act like it.
  • Options
    MMeng79 said:

Play Donny and Marie Osmond at the reception? I'm on my iPad, so I can't insert a vid of "I'm a little bit country....and I'm a little bit rock and roll"
  • Options
    Is it sad that the first place I go is South Park? Thanks, @FizzySips.
  • Options
    MMeng79 said:
    Alright OP. I'm back from the wedding. The bridesmaids wore knee length flowy dresses from davids bridal one of the chiffon ones. Bride wore a blue gown (her second wedding) it was very classy. The groom and groomsmen wore white button up dress shirts and jeans. I like that their denim matched. That was visually appealing.

I think it looks fine. I think it was hard from a guests perspective to know how to dress. If you are concerned about guest attire this will confuse them. We had someone wearing a black formal dress, cargo shorts and t shirts, tennis shoes, flip flops, and even someone wearing a hoodie.
  • Options
    Psychoangel2uPsychoangel2u member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2013
    My fiance is a southern boy and I'm a midwest girl, though far from his version of 'country.' We're integrating our two styles fairly easily by using a rustic country approach. BMs are wearing gorgeous Alfred Angelo dresses with heels, GM are wearing 'western' tuxes, FI is wearing his cowboy hat and boots, and I'm hiding my boots under my dress. Simple, classy, and morphs our two styles together perfectly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

75 [Invited] 
    43image [Said yes!] 
    16image [Are missing out!]
     16image [Can't find the mailbox] 
    RSVP Date October 01
  • Options
    If you are going to actually post on this board and ask for advice, can you please type actual words and sentences?
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stop making fun of the OP's grammar and spelling and what not!!!  You're not unicorny enough, you bunch of waffles!

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    @addie; I thought the proper phrasing was c-waffles?  Otherwise, I just want a waffle.  Ohh...waffle cone with birthday cake ice cream and sprinkles!!!  Mmmmm....

Honestly, my FI says I'm a country-fied redneck cowgirl, and he seems to think I'm wearing my shit-kickers to our wedding.  No way in hell.  It's the one time I can wear a beautiful dress with fancy shoes and have my hair and nails done before I go to the barn and end up with my nails trashed.  :)

Honestly, I think what @huynhette said would work. 

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    @addie; I thought the proper phrasing was c-waffles?  Otherwise, I just want a waffle.  Ohh...waffle cone with birthday cake ice cream and sprinkles!!!  Mmmmm....

It is, Shayla. I was just being cautious that any sensitive souls didn't think I was actually calling them a cuntwaffle and have that lead to my bannination. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    *laugh*

That is still one of my FAVORITE insults EVER used.  EVER.

Well, I guess it's an insult...I think if someone ever called me that in all seriousness, I'd wear that word with muthafuckin' PRIDE! 

Honestly anytime someone says "waffles" now, I mentally add on the "cunt".

Sorry...didn't mean to derail this conversation...because, srs biznis is srs biznis.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards