Chit Chat

AW: Welp, I'm married! (PIP)

emeejeeayenemeejeeayen member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited August 2013 in Chit Chat
So, I'm married. We're in Hawaii, and it's beautiful. I'm waiting for H (oh isht, first time on TK saying H instead of FI) to get out of the shower so we can go to breakfast. 

Thought I'd give a quick recap of the day in photo form. I only have one pro pic back so far, but I have a lot of instagrams and photobooth pics. 

For those interested, my MOH made all the chalkboard signs, I made the dinner menu and cocktail menu, and my dad designed and built our chuppah. 

The ceremony was beautiful. H literally started sobbing immediately and couldn't stop the entire time, so I started trying to not hysterically laugh which meant I was basically snotting everywhere. It was sort of perfect.

The reception was great, but I have one regret: The week beforehand we had decided to extend the reception by one hour - with both the venue and all our other vendors. When it was time to dance, someone at the venue turned the lights down way too far, and I didn't notice until our videographer asked them (without consulting me) to turn it back up. The venue then turned the lights back to entirely on (they're on dimmers so it shouldn't have been an issue). Once everyone saw the lights go back on they all grabbed their bags and headed for the door. Too late to really stop people. So we ended up ending an hour earlier and wasting that money. I won't lie, I was pretty upset the next morning about it, but everyone has been saying it's the best wedding they have ever been to, and I'M MARRIED so I'm over it ;) 

I can't wait to share our video and pro pics when I get them in the coming months. Thanks for all the advice over the past year and a half, y'all! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com

Re: AW: Welp, I'm married! (PIP)

• I love your wedding cake! All of the pictures are wonderful, but I think that one told me more about you than I ever picked up on reading TK, lol. Congratulations :)

Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wait...your bridesmaids didn't have matching dresses!??!?!

JUST KIDDING!

Everything looks great! Super cool sig cocktails.

• I love your wedding cake! Your whole ceremony and reception look like a blast. Congratulations and I hope you have fun in Hawaii!
  • I forgot to mention that was the surprise grooms cake I designed for H. There was a much girlier brides cake haha
  • Stunning, congratulations!!!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Congrats! Your wedding looks like it was amazing and you were stunning!
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    Beautiful bride! Thanks for sharing.
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
  • Love the cake. I wanna see the other side!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Beautiful!  Congrats!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Congrats! Love the pictures!
  • Congrats!

@AddieL73, where have you been? Even though I didn't agree with you 100% of the time, I enjoyed reading most of your posts. I think you were the one who coined my new favorite term, See You Next Tuesday-waffle (tip-toe, tip-toe). 
  • @ElcaB

I did not coin cuntwaffle. I would love to take credit for it b/c I do not like the c-word, and yet for some reason, I have developed quite an affinity for cuntwaffle. That glory goes to SparklyBride, who, sadly, was a banned troll. 

As for where I've been.....

I am not a happy camper about the shit that went down here last week when Stage and Linger were banned, and right now TK does not hold much appeal for me, so I am limiting my interaction until I decide if I want to be here anymore. 

I appreciate the shout out, though!

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieL73 said:
    @ElcaB

I did not coin cuntwaffle. I would love to take credit for it b/c I do not like the c-word, and yet for some reason, I have developed quite an affinity for cuntwaffle. That glory goes to SparklyBride, who, sadly, was a banned troll. 

As for where I've been.....

I am not a happy camper about the shit that went down here last week when Stage and Linger were banned, and right now TK does not hold much appeal for me, so I am limiting my interaction until I decide if I want to be here anymore. 

I appreciate the shout out, though!

Me, too!

I kind of figured it had something to do with the drama. I hope you decide to come back in full force sometime in the near future :)
  • The pics are beautiful!!!

Congrats!

Stage and Linger were banned.  WTF?  I have been gone a long time.  Perhaps that is a good thing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2013
    Gorgeous! How was all that fabulous food we helped pick?

ETA: ooh, and what did you do about the suits?
  • Gorgeous! How was all that fabulous food we helped pick?

ETA: ooh, and what did you do about the suits?
    Ha, food was very delicious!

Suits were mismatched. I had 4 bridesmaids and he had 7 groomsmen, so we just put the 3 in the mismatched suits behind the 4 in the right suits and it looked fine during the ceremony (I think at least? I don't really remember). It was definitely a bit odd, but certainly not something I stress about. I do still stress a bit about the wasted extra hour, but not the suits. :)
  • All the little details are wonderful! And you look gorgeous!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 123 Invited
    image 96 Are ready to party
    image 27 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are undecided
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards