Wedding Invitations & Paper

Where to send the response cards?

ashleyepashleyep member
First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
If my parents are technically the "hosts" of the wedding, and it's their names on the invitation ("Mr. and Mrs. Bride's Parents Request the honour of your presense"). Should the response cards go to their house? 

I guess that makes the most sense, but I'm a bit of a control freak and want the excitement of seeing response cards returned. Plus then I could put them in my spreadsheet ASAP. I live about 45 minutes to an hour from my parents.

I know it's a silly question, and really not a big deal, but just something that I've been thinking about after I received someone else's invitation.
Anniversary

Re: Where to send the response cards?

• ashleyep said:

If my parents are technically the "hosts" of the wedding, and it's their names on the invitation ("Mr. and Mrs. Bride's Parents Request the honour of your presense") should the response cards go to their house? 

I guess that makes the most sense, but I'm a bit of a control freak and want the excitement of seeing response cards returned. Plus then I could put them in my spreadsheet ASAP. I live about 45 minutes to an hour from my parents.

I know it's a silly question, and really not a big deal, but just something that I've been thinking about after I received someone else's invitation.
    My parents were listed as hosts even though H and I pretty much split the cost with them. I asked them if they wanted the RSVPs. They said whatever we wanted to do. I wanted to get them because we were the ones coordinating everything.
    *********************************************************************************

• We had the response cards sent to their house because it's easier than having to deal with my apartment mail. If you're that far away though, it will probably be easier to just send them to you. I only live 5 minutes from my parents. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had the response cards sent to us.   It was just easier that way to keep track of everything. 
  • We had the response cards sent to my parents, who hosted the wedding.  However, this was largely because we were in the process of moving during the time RSVP cards were being returned.
  • My parents are the hosts and are receive my RSVPs and I also live 45 minutes from them.  Every day my mom calls me and I update my spreadsheet and she's also saving the cards for me to go through and read the cute notes people write on the cards.  Do your parents want to receive them?  If so, let them. They're only a phone call away.  I eagerly await my mom's call every day around noon. :)
  • ashleyep said:
    If my parents are technically the "hosts" of the wedding, and it's their names on the invitation ("Mr. and Mrs. Bride's Parents Request the honour of your presense"). Should the response cards go to their house? 

We were traditional and had RSVPs sent to my parents house.  Phones and email make it pretty easy to stay in touch nowadays, so we had no problem hearing who responded yes and who responded no in a timely manner.  ;)  
  • JoanE2012 said:
    ashleyep said:

We were traditional and had RSVPs sent to my parents house.  Phones and email make it pretty easy to stay in touch nowadays, so we had no problem hearing who responded yes and who responded no in a timely manner.  ;)  
    Thanks, that's probably what I'll do. My dad's a teacher and will be on summer vacation so he'll probably enjoy calling me up to give me the update :)

I think I just wanted a reason to get one of those return address stamps!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards