Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Hello, everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking for a while, but I haven't posted because my boyfriend and I aren't quite engaged yet. We've already set a date (October 30, 2015) and even put down a deposit for a venue (Bingham House), but we aren't engaged yet due to finances-- we have to pay for everything ourselves, so we're trying to both save for the wedding and pay off various debts. Anyway, I know that it's still early for me to start looking at wedding planning information, but it's a ton of fun. I really enjoy reading the discussions on here, and I love all of the advice, pictures, and recommendations I see. I know that this board will help make the next 2 years incredibly fun, and I look forward to getting to know everyone better. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hello, everyone!

• Options
    Wow congrats on being so ahead of the game! That will only help in the long run. Long engagements can be nice. Let us know how we can help.
  • Options
    Thanks! We're hoping it will be to our advantage to start planning this early, but I may just end up driving both of us crazy with wedding talk for two years lol. 

• Options
    Congratulations!!  My FI & I were the same way.  We knew exactly when our date would be before we got engaged  - now we have about 16 months to do all of our planning & have time to pay for it all!

We are in the heart of starting all of our serious planning, so I'll be happy to help in anyway that I possibly can!  Hooray for another new Dallas Knottie!
  • Options
    Congratulations to you too! It's so nice to know we aren't an anomaly. lol. I can't wait to see how your wedding planning goes! 16 months out is when we'll probably begin the planning, so I can only imagine how excited you are to start. What is your wedding date?

• Options
    Congrats! I am sure it will be great for you to get such a head start on the wedding ideas so when the full-on planning time comes, you will have a good idea of what you want and it won't be so overwhelming :) I was somewhat the opposite-- I knew I wanted to marry/spend my life with my boyfriend, but I never really spent any time thinking about the actual wedding details prior to getting engaged. When he popped the question I was on a high for about a week before I realized-- I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing! Luckily the gals on this board have been super helpful in getting me up to speed. We have an 11 month engagement (only about 7 1/2 left to go!) and although I have stressful days, wedding planning is actually way more fun than I expected it to be-- it's like a new hobby! Let us know if we can help!
  • Options
    Ours is December 13, 2014 in Dallas.

We are pretty thrilled, have the church & the venue.  Gonna find a photographer and then probably take a little planning break til January or February.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards