Honeymoon Discussions

Ireland Honeymoon

Hi everyone!

I'm getting married 5/31/14 and we were thinking of honeymooning in Ireland - specifically Dublin or Cork.  We have done quick searches for pricing, but I thought some of you may have already booked a honeymoon to one of these places and know more specifics on pricing?  How much money should we plan on bringing for food/drinks/shopping/etc?

Has anyone been to Dublin or Cork?

Re: Ireland Honeymoon

• I've been to Dublin for two weeks and was in Cork for a couple days but I went as a backpacker and stayed in hostels. I still blew through €1500. I did a lot of touristy things and this was about 5 years ago. You could get a pint for about €2.50 in a dive bar but were paying upwards of €8 in Temple Bar (tourist section). Meals were not too expensive, I would say €15-20 for an entree in a mid-range restaurant. I didn't go to any shopping centres or anything but I did buy a few souvenirs. 

If you get the chance to go to Killarney, it is a really charming village and is in a National Park. Amazing cycling (for novices too!) and gorgeous scenery. I highly recommend. Cork was OK but nothing to write home about (imo), it's in a mostly agricultural area so the landscape is pretty.
  • Killarney recently came up in a discussion we were having about our trip.  We're thinking of going for about a week.  Do you think if we spend a whole week in Dublin we'll be bored to tears by the end?  Would you recommend splitting it up?
  • I don't think you'll be bored at all, there are lots of things to do. We did the Guinness factory tour, the Dublin Writers Museum (which was really interesting), a tour of Trinity College where you'll find the book of Kells, St. Stephen's Green is a lovely park full of history. Dublin Castle is a really cool attraction where you can even visit the crypt underground! Maybe you could even go to a rugby match. Christchurch Cathedral is beautiful and I really liked it there. Hopefully this is enough to get you started, I'm sure you'll find a week will fly by!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards