Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party Question

Hi everyone!

Haven't posted on here in a while and can't believe the big day is just 7 weeks away. My bridesmaids (there are 7 of them) have generously opted to throw me a bachelorette party (weekend) in Nashville. Everyone attending except one person lives either in Chicago or a few hours from Nashville, and I have covered their airfare. However, the ladies are still shelling out for hotel rooms ($99/person) and at least 1 activity that I know of.

My question is...what, if anything, should I expect to pay for? They have already indicated that they do not want me to pay for the activity they have planned, but other than that, I wasn't sure if it was customary for me to pay for my own meals...their meals...my own drinks...their drinks? Just trying to figure out budget-wise what I should expect the weekend to cost me.

If anyone has any experience with a "Bachelorette weekend", it would help me out a lot if you could share what you ended up chipping in for! Thanks in advance!

Re: Bachelorette Party Question

• That was awesome of you to pay for their airfare! In my experience, the bride doesn't pay for the accommodations or meals. When we went out, the girls would take turns buying the bride drinks. The bride would open her own tab to indicate that she didn't expect everything to be one everyone else's dime all night although it usually was. Have a blast!!
  • Hi everyone!

Haven't posted on here in a while and can't believe the big day is just 7 weeks away. My bridesmaids (there are 7 of them) have generously opted to throw me a bachelorette party (weekend) in Nashville. Everyone attending except one person lives either in Chicago or a few hours from Nashville, and I have covered their airfare. However, the ladies are still shelling out for hotel rooms ($99/person) and at least 1 activity that I know of.

My question is...what, if anything, should I expect to pay for? They have already indicated that they do not want me to pay for the activity they have planned, but other than that, I wasn't sure if it was customary for me to pay for my own meals...their meals...my own drinks...their drinks? Just trying to figure out budget-wise what I should expect the weekend to cost me.

If anyone has any experience with a "Bachelorette weekend", it would help me out a lot if you could share what you ended up chipping in for! Thanks in advance!

I was MOH in a wedding where the bride demanded a hotel stay for her bachelorette party and didn't chip in a dime. You should not need to pay for your own food or drinks. For the most part I'm sure one of the other gals will pick it up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards