Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

First Post! And so many questions...

We are having an october wedding.... ceremony Heinz Chapel ... Recep. Carnegie Music Hall.. We have the DJ, Florist, Photographer... I sooooo need help with advice on an officiate.. and being at carnegie.. we have tonst going on that day.. and are looking for a wedding planner for the day... only.. any idea of recomd. and cost they normally run? Alsol.. i ordered and paid for my dress in November.. and they STILL havent called for my first fitting.. what is up with that?~

Re: First Post! And so many questions...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I used my own officiant, but many on here recommend Weddings by Wayne or A Simple Vow.

2. I used a day-of coordinator named Jodi Colella from Accents Unlimited. She was really great and we remain friends to this day. Her prices are very reasonable. I think most DOC's run around $800-1000 for  service.

3. I think you are okay with your dress. My fittings weren't until one month before.

Hope that helps and welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello and Welcome!

I'm not much help on the officiant, but GL!

My dress came in 3-4 months after ordering it.  I took the dress home with me and will make an appointment for alterations approximately 1-2 months before the wedding.  I wouldn't worry yet!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    highly recommend a simple vow.

i ordered my dress in december and it didn't come in until july, but only bc i forced the issue. it wasn't due to come in until october. fittings didn't start until end of october, and the shop considered that to be early, but appropriate because the seamstress wanted time to put the extra beading on the dress that i requested.
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!! I'm having my wedding at the carnegie music hall as well in May of 2011 and an on site coord is included in the 'package' - so will you really need to hire someone else? My ceremony is at St. Paul's and they handle everything there (I think Heinz does the same b/c we looked into there too) so if Heinz handles the ceremony, and the on site coord at Carnegie handles the reception I don't know if you'll need a 'day of' coord. - at least that was what I thought! Are you dealing with Eileen from the Carnegie?! Have you gone to a tasting?! I'm excited b/c I don't know anyone who has gotten married there!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I ordered my dress in March, it came in October, and I started fitting halloween time.  I had 4 fittings total, the last being a week before the wedding. 

I can;t help with DOC or officiant. 

GL!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everyone else on the dress- I ordered mine at the beginning of September and it didn't even come in until last week.  I won't start fittings until the end of May, probably.  It's ok!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards