Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Feeding Vendors

I have a photographer for my afternoon wedding. He will be there for 3hrs, from 11am until 2pm. Lunch is served at 1pm. I feel that I will be paying him to eat because that is time that he should be snapping some type of shots due to time constraints. We will have hot horderves, mabey I can request to have some set aside for him once he is done or do I purchase a plate for him to eat after he is done at 2. Also his wife/assistant will be with him and that will be another plate as well. HELP!!!

Re: Feeding Vendors

• Options
    I have a photographer for my afternoon wedding. He will be there for 3hrs, from 11am until 2pm. Lunch is served at 1pm. I feel that I will be paying him to eat because that is time that he should be snapping some type of shots due to time constraints. We will have hot horderves, mabey I can request to have some set aside for him once he is done or do I purchase a plate for him to eat after he is done at 2. Also his wife/assistant will be with him and that will be another plate as well. HELP!!!
    Talk to your venue. They often have a protocol for vendor meals. They can help you decide on when and where would be best for them to eat. Some venues also offer less costly meals for vendors, so ask about the cost, too.
  • Options
    Check your contract see if it requires you provide them a meal. Ours did but it was also 10 hours of service. Honestly, our photog stuffed their faces really quick so they could get back to taking pictures. I believe yours should be aware and professional. They will probably grab a quick bite, not eat for 30 min.
  • Options
    Thanks, good idea.
  • Options
    Talk to the photographer. Usually they'll require a meal/break if it's the equivalent of a full working day, but 3 hours isn't that long. I'd be really surprised if s/he required a meal.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

Also...do you really want pictures of your guests eating food? I personally hide from anyone with a camera while I'm eating. It makes me really uncomfortable.

It's all about perspective.

• Options
    We had our Vendor eat when everyone else was eating. We didn't want pictures of guests or ourselves eating. Now if you plan to have photos done of yourselves or family while others are eating, that's different, then ask the venue to save the photographer some food for later.
  • Options
    I can't image they would require eating in such a small time frame but double check with them to be sure
  • Options
    Check your contract and your venue.  You may not have to provide them with meals, or at least not the same meals you're serving to guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards